Do what you can while you can

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all, yes I'm still here, but I've been a bit crook for the last month or so, I have had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery in RPA hospital Sydney on the 1st Sept, been back home now for a bit over three weeks and recovering well.

Unable to do much for the next while, but following Dr's rehab exercise program.

looking forward to being able to oneday get out in the bush again and have a detect, you realize how much you miss something when you cant do it.

cheers dave

My dad went through tbe bypass opp a couple of times, second time he could tell he needed it beforehand..... he was back into it once he was heeled up, and you could see his energy returning more and more afterwards as he picked up his condition and worked on things only within his ability. It was his constancy that allowed him to achieve many things over time afterwards. Miss him still. O:)

Speedy recovery Dave ....
Stepfather had similar and came back stronger than ever (now nudging 93), sadly my father didn't make it to 60, hoping I have my mums genes ... she's hit 92.
And as you say Dave, Do what you can when/while you can.
Cheers T.

I had mine 18/11/2018. Knocks you around a bit. Worrying if you go to sleep if you will wake up again. A real confidence sapper. The Doc's are very good at this stuff now.
Keep well mate. :)

All the best to you Dave for a quick and full recovery.
Having been in Melbourne lock-down for months now, I fully realise your needing to get back into the bush.
Hopefully only a few weeks more for us - and you........

I was lucky with mine, I just needed a stent, but I understand what you're going through. Do treat it as a 'wake up call', we all do plenty of thing we 'shouldn't' but we enjoy! I had plenty of things I might not have 'stopped' but certainly cut down on, and now I'm probably healthier than when I had the heart attack! :D

Dave
Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to the bush for a detect.
I totally agree with your post title, do wha you can while you can.
You never know whats around the corner.
All the best. Andy

Latest posts