Detecting with artificial knee.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will need a new knee in the not too distant future and just realized that it is going to cause issues when detecting. Has anybody on here have experience with detecting with a lump of titanium in their knee? Maybe and extended shaft to keep the coil a bit further away.

Diggertom said:
Just time your swinging for when the good legs is forward.

I've never had a problem with the 5000
I have a rod from knee to ankle.

Using the 7000 however, it does 'pick up' the rod, so adjust my swing as mentioned bt DT.

I have been detecting since 2003 with a left leg prosthesis.....big lump of titanium. No issues except with our new high performance coils when anything above a 16 inch mono I get interference. If I find a patch (rare,but it does happen ) I work it with mono & dd until I think I've covered it as well as I can, then get a mate in with the "wagonwheel" coils and split any finds thereafter. My main issue is with age when I find I cannot go as long on the pegleg as I used to without a rest. Also about 4hrs max per day is all it will stand for before I can feel the gears grinding! Currently run wireless 4000 with nuggetfinder coils
Longjok

Magilla said:
I will need a new knee in the not too distant future and just realized that it is going to cause issues when detecting. Has anybody on here have experience with detecting with a lump of titanium in their knee? Maybe and extended shaft to keep the coil a bit further away.

You'll need to avoid the GPZ-7000 then, at least that's what Jack Lange found (see the auction item description for details):
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-GPZ-7000-metal-gold-detector-/321830423464?hash=item4aee968ba8

Latest posts