Daylesford - Bells Reef Rd

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderEmployedGeo

Gold Gold Gold
Reaction score
Hello all,
Newbie here. Before I rush off and go into debt on a 4wd and camping gear hahaha, I was wondering if the tracks in the Daylesford area to the left (east) of Bells Reef Rd are any good for a 2wd small car? I've heard this is a decent area to prospect, from Bells Reef road towards and including Sailors creek...
Any thoughts?

I've found only a few good 2WD tracks around Daylsford, and then they lead off to somewhere interesting that only a 4WD would go. Winter is 100% no go without a 4WD. If you plan on prospecting as a regular thing, go the 4WD - if it's just an occasional thing, 2WD and commit to some extra exercise :playful:

There are plenty of diggings off Bells Reef Rd that don't require a 4wd between Briggs and Blackjack tracks are Blackjack diggings on the left hand side. Don't drive down the tracks on the right as they are very steep. The gullies on the right of Bells Reef rd Tommys , Tinpot and Linger and Die gully's have produced some interesting nuggets still in walking distance of the road. There is a lot of rubbish and heaps of hot rocks that will constantly drive you nuts but you may find a piece or 2. I have found gold in all of these gully's but it is hard work.
cheers db

deepblue said:
There are plenty of diggings off Bells Reef Rd that don't require a 4wd between Briggs and Blackjack tracks are Blackjack diggings on the left hand side. Don't drive down the tracks on the right as they are very steep. The gullies on the right of Bells Reef rd Tommys , Tinpot and Linger and Die gully's have produced some interesting nuggets still in walking distance of the road. There is a lot of rubbish and heaps of hot rocks that will constantly drive you nuts but you may find a piece or 2. I have found gold in all of these gully's but it is hard work.
cheers db

That's great to know, thanks. Yeah, looking for somewhere to get started and Daylesford area seems good, plus is only an hour's drive.

Latest posts