Not stolen yet but lost/left behind

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have left behind a pick as pictured in the snake valley area. It was left on Kelly road off possum gully track just off the road. It is a used car parking spot just off the side of the track so someone will definately see it . There were a few guys who set up camp further down towards possum gully track, if you are the guys please pick it up if you see it and I will give you a $reward. Any one else who picks it up and hands it back to me will also get a $ reward.

Thank you.

PS. if you pick it up and decide to steal it, I hope you never find gold and lose your equipment... :|

1543988484_20181205_163243.jpg

That's a pretty good looking pick! I'd like to think anyone from the PA forum would gladly return it with no reward necessary.
If anyone's out Ballarat way, perhaps you can go for a quick drive and have a look for our forum member.

I hope you get it back. :pickshovel:

Kozi M said:
Hi everyone. I have left behind a pick as pictured in the snake valley area. It was left on Kelly road off possum gully track just off the road. It is a used car parking spot just off the side of the track so someone will definately see it . There were a few guys who set up camp further down towards possum gully track, if you are the guys please pick it up if you see it and I will give you a $reward. Any one else who picks it up and hands it back to me will also get a $ reward.

Thank you.

PS. if you pick it up and decide to steal it, I hope you never find gold and lose your equipment... :|

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10283/1543988484_20181205_163243.jpg
Hi Mate, If you dont get it back PM me i will do you a deal on a new one at right price,Christmas, Cheers, Bluejeansronald, Ron.

Hey Kozie, I've got the same pick but it wasn't me that picked it up haha, got mine from flee bay...Great Pick :clap:

Thanks guys. I do hope someone will return it. It is kind of camouflaged so it may be there next time I return. If not I will take up the offer of Ron.

Gravity said:
Hey Kozie, I've got the same pick but it wasn't me that picked it up haha, got mine from flee bay...Great Pick :clap:
Iv got my eyes on you hehehe. All good, I doubt anyone from this forum would steal a pick ;) I know my pick if I see it.

Hey , Kozi. Did you end up finding your pick ?

Snake Valley isn`t that far from me and i could have a look for you. Is it a big carpark / picnic area or just a spot to park your car on the side of the track ?
If i was looking towards the bush from the road where the carpark is , which direction am i going to look for it ? I would take the detector in case it is under any growth.
Not looking for rewards. That`s a mug`s game.

I can`t recieve PM`s yet. Not up to 10 posts. Sorry.

Cheers.

just starting said:
Hey , Kozi. Did you end up finding your pick ?

Snake Valley isn`t that far from me and i could have a look for you. Is it a big carpark / picnic area or just a spot to park your car on the side of the track ?
If i was looking towards the bush from the road where the carpark is , which direction am i going to look for it ? I would take the detector in case it is under any growth.
Not looking for rewards. That`s a mug`s game.

I can`t recieve PM`s yet. Not up to 10 posts. Sorry.

Cheers.
Hi. I haven't had a chance to get back out there so it is still missing if not found by anyone. It is just a spot you can park the car off the side of the track with a bit of a clearing. If you are standing on the track looking towards the Bush and carpark it would be roughly in the middle of car park maybe a little closer to the left. It wouldn't be more then 3-5 meters off the main track. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

1546947780_20190108_224151.jpg

This may help a little. The car spot is on the side where I marked with a tick.

Gidday , Kozi.

Thanks for the info and map. I might have a chance to go past there on the way home from work today. I have sent myself an email with that picture.
Hopefully it shouldn`t be too hard to find. I will let you know how i go.

Cheers.

JS

Gidday ,Kozi.

I went over to Snake Valley and had a look around for over an hour and couldn`t find it.

I reckon i was in the place you described. You travel up Possum Gully road and come to a fork in the road ,where you take a sharp right and the car park spot is about 20 metres up on the right hand side . Is that correct ? Here are some pics of where i was.

Sorry i didn`t find it.

1547069333_1547024700_koz1.jpg

1547069333_1547024719_koz2.jpg

1547069333_1547024737_koz3.jpg

1547069333_1547024754_koz6.jpg

If you turned left at kelly road,you would have seen this old bucket.
The CFA have been chopping down alot of trees for the wood coup when it opens. Was this wood there when you were there ?
1547069353_1547024850_koz5.jpg

Cheers.

JS

Funny. I was born in Snake Valley , next to the white church up the road from the pub. When I was 13 waiting for my father to come out of pub, shot 6 foxes of the porch with a 22, Dad used to be the grader driver formed most of roads. Not knowing the gravel the got next to Linton was full flower gold. So any wash or creak has some gold in it. I'm going back 40years Little be of history. Sorry

Ward69 said:
Funny. I was born in Snake Valley , next to the white church up the road from the pub. When I was 13 waiting for my father to come out of pub, shot 6 foxes of the porch with a 22, Dad used to be the grader driver formed most of roads. Not knowing the gravel the got next to Linton was full flower gold. So any wash or creak has some gold in it. I'm going back 40years Little be of history. Sorry

At least it's a good off topic post :Y: 6 foxes off the porch with a .22 that's impressive .

Latest posts