BlinkyBil's Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while,

from my last post, ("is it just me" thread because i cannot post links yet)
the timing chain stretched and the engine was dead, $5K later and a new engine, my adventure continues....

Today I went out to Creswick State forest for some prospecting with my Xterra-705 gold pack.

I left early in the morning and got to Slaty Creek Road around 10:00am, I stopped about a kilometer or less up the road from the turn in off Melbourne Road, Done a little bit of hunting there and noticed a Red car pull up and park next to mine (White Ralliart).

the car was a Mazda or Toyota not to sure, not sure if the 3 blokes in the car were Prospectors or just sussing out the car and why it was there. i noticed them immediately and made my way back to my car, put my gear in, taking my time to see if they start a conversation, instead they just took off back the way they came towards Melbourne road.

next i went for a drive up slaty creek road and got a bit lost, found the camp grounds and saw heaps of people there so I left my car in the car park next to the toilets and went detecting again this time i spent 4-5 hours as opposed to the 10 mins in the previous spot. I found a couple of bottle caps, 3 nails, and a squashed bullet but no gold. 8.(

Spoke to a guy sluicing for gold in slaty creek, forgot to ask him his name, he said there was gold in the area but i couldn't find any.

The end lol

MODS: Can i leave and update this thread here? if not please move,

Was i looking in the wrong place? any tips where i should look in that park?

BlinkyBil

Thanks Mackka,

Just read a thread about Creswick state forest (Can't Post links yet) Thread "Guy gets punched over a detecting spot.".

I wish I read this earlier prior to going there, but apart from that car showing up I didn't have a feeling of not being safe there alone.

I don't know now if i will be going back there alone, maybe I can meet with a group going out that way on this forum?

the 2 posts that gave me chills are on the first page by SC75 and SCROUNGER, thanks for the heads up, bit late however my fault lol

BlinkyBil

Latest posts