Current fuel prices.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
Hey!! I qualify for the pension this year---if i make it , fingers xed :p :p :p ;) ;)

Me to, remember when petrol was 12c/lt in 1966, it cost 5c to post a letter, 20c for a litre of milk and here in Adelaide a new house was about $18,000 on a 1/4 acre block. AND

A manhole was a manhole not a person hole, lol (without being sexist)

Bacchus said:
Just put 140 litres Diesel in the landcruiser , BP / Woolworths Mt Barker. $1.16 less 10 cents per litre if you
spent $10 in store , needless to say milk , bread and a farmers union iced coffee purchased :D

Sweet deal Bacchus. I'll be dropping in there on tuesday. Leaving for WA. Will be tanking 190l of unleaded. Was 98c the other day. Got the woolies voucher on the fridge. Hopefully I can do an 88c fill. Good times to be travelling oz.

nuggetino said:
Bacchus said:
Just put 140 litres Diesel in the landcruiser , BP / Woolworths Mt Barker. $1.16 less 10 cents per litre if you
spent $10 in store , needless to say milk , bread and a farmers union iced coffee purchased :D

Sweet deal Bacchus. I'll be dropping in there on tuesday. Leaving for WA. Will be tanking 190l of unleaded. Was 98c the other day. Got the woolies voucher on the fridge. Hopefully I can do an 88c fill. Good times to be travelling oz.

Local family has had 3 of the servos here for years , now the new OTR has arrived PRICE WAR !

condor22
Today 02:38 pm
Jaros wrote:
Hey!! I qualify for the pension this year---if i make it , fingers xed tongue tongue tongue wink wink
Me to, remember when petrol was 12c/lt in 1966, it cost 5c to post a letter, 20c for a litre of milk and here in Adelaide a new house was about $18,000 on a 1/4 acre block. AND
A manhole was a manhole not a person hole, lol (without being sexist)

Heard about a fireman named John Ladyman , had to change his name to fireperson Person Person ;)

Cheers

Nice to see the litres meter go faster than the $$$ meter on the pump for a change. $15 was enough to fill half a tank on my 4 cylinder today. :p

Bacchus said:

What a con. Thats what I mean about Woolworths/Coles......... You spent $10.00 extra to save $4.00 :rolleyes: Just lining the pockets of these greedy companies.

You probably could have bought the Milk & Bread for $4 or $5 at the local IGA and did you really need that over priced iced Coffee ? ;)

Food for thought... (No Pun Intended) :p

CB

Needed milk , needed bread , prices as per Woolworths store , milk $1per litre got 4 , bread $2.65 ( got kids )

Not that I'm counting :lol: Iced coffee a bonus mmmm ok I'll give you that one ! But it saved me
a beer from the drive through on the way home :8

Reckon I saved $14. ;)

Don't believe I just said that , starting to sound like the boss :8

isolation said:
I think Diesel was about $1.26 here in Sydney last time I filled up... was up around $1.65 last year

I think I may have added 10c... Just drove past BP and independent and they were both $1.17 for diesel

Bacchus said:

An extra $10.00 to save $4.00, BP/Coles, Caltex/Woolworths they are both good at conning customers into this.

Nightjar said:
Bacchus said:

An extra $10.00 to save $4.00, BP/Coles, Caltex/Woolworths they are both good at conning customers into this.

I dont think you boys quite understand , in this instance the bread and milk bought yesterday does now NOT have to be bought
in this weeks shopping !!!!!!!!!! Simply purchased at a different time to get a 10 c per litre discount on 140 Litres
If I had of bought unnecessary crap I would agree with you , but you are just plain wrong on this one !

Your conspiracy theory re Coles and Woolworths may be well founded , but in this instance I don't reckon you can
see the wood for the trees ,

Nightjar said:
Bacchus said:

Not a con just do your maths before you fill. I only spend $10 in store if it saves me atleast $10. Filling up 190l at 6c a litre saves me $11.40 so basically it's $10 free food along with my fuel purchase.

Geez, a jump by 20c in the petrol prices today was a bit of a shock! From what I have seen, it is in relation to the Supermarket giants trying to end the lengthy "discount cycle" we are currently experiencing ( or maybe this is the price that it should really be at in the first place). Last time they tried this a few weeks back, a majority of the non-supermarket outlets left their prices at the lower amount, eventually forcing the supermarket outlets to follow suit.

Probably better off shopping around to those willing to remain with the lower pricing, just to stick it up the supermarkets. :rolleyes:

Filled up today (diesel) still 113.7p/ with the 4cents/litre off, Costco had the same price.

I heard on the radio that one of the objectives of the reserve banks decision to drop interest rates yesterday was to drive the Aussie dollar down to 75 cents $US. A further 2-3 cents to go in order to stimulate the economy by making exports more attractive to overseas markets. That should reflect in a further drop in petrol prices, not a rise.
Sounds like you're being ripped off!
I see that in Vic petrol still remains low.
TD

F%$kers, but we never complain if it gets 20c cheaper,LOL Just be happy its as cheap as it is, i recon.Best prices in ages

Best price down here in Bega. 1.16 Tathra (Price War)
Never went below 1.16.
In Bega it's self, about 1.20.
LPG. .89 and has not moved.
Rip off.

Latest posts