CTX addiction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1854 - 1900 General Service button : New South Wales Military Forces

1444615703_image.jpg

hey thanks Duck I'll check that out - the button has had some of the fine detail rubbed off or sort of squashed down.
Rocket - I only wish I found Spanish silver.... but not going to happen.

didn't get a lot last night... military belt buckle (Victorian period I'm guessing), some weird sort of bling and coins plus furniture handle.
1445063162_17_oct_2015a.jpg

Pretty sure this is a cap badge for Melbourne Uni
1445063226_17_oct_2015b.jpg

Now to take pictures of my Excal II and it goes for sale.

And its the 1939 roo half penny you want Robert(soo close), nice little old silver too, as well as all the intricates. :D

the button at the top middle with the anchor i found one exactly the same. any idea what period or year it is from?

Treasureman - unfortunately no. Found it in close to Melbourne, where (roughly) did you dig yours up?
I'm finding a lot of military stuff so I'm guessing it's navy issue?

Didn't get a lot? Looks pretty damned good to me, a good variety of unusual finds, and some good coins to boot. The military buckle is a snake buckle, and a very nice find. :)

Goldpick - I'm probably spoiled as the site I worked last night usually gives me more finds. At the moment I've switched back to hitting it with the CTX and the large coil, trying out ferrous-coin setting to see what I've missed.

Goldandsand - I'm not diving much and I use the CTX for all beach work & wading so the Excal is surplus.

Latest posts