Etrac adventures.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure there is another there, just the rain beat to retrieve it. Same as the first one, target numbers were 11:43, hmmmm it's gotta be another one, just gotta get the pinpointing sussed out better.

Heatho said:
Pretty sure there is another there, just the rain beat to retrieve it. Same as the first one, target numbers were 11:43, hmmmm it's gotta be another one, just gotta get the pinpointing sussed out better.

Hope it is. Good luck.

I remember someone ( maybe not this site US i think) and had all the numbers of common readings he found with it . Insteringly enough was the readout s for a pink dildo he found .guess he was also helping you avoid stuff as well as find it:)

You are not mucking around Heath, a bloody Florin on the maiden voyage :cool:

You need to get that baby down to you tobacco pipe tamper beach and work out where those sovereigns are burried.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you find at depth over the next couple of weeks.

Kingsolomon said:
I remember someone ( maybe not this site US i think) and had all the numbers of common readings he found with it . Insteringly enough was the readout s for a pink dildo he found .guess he was also helping you avoid stuff as well as find it:)

If I dug one of them up I think it would even shock me.......

Wally69 said:
You are not mucking around Heath, a bloody Florin on the maiden voyage :cool:

You need to get that baby down to you tobacco pipe tamper beach and work out where those sovereigns are burried.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you find at depth over the next couple of weeks.

You bet mate, I will get down there soon, pretty keen to try it on different scenarios and see how it performs. The next few days is just basic stuff and getting to know the functions. Never know what might pop up. :)

Got out with the Etrac for 5 hours today and did pretty well, still working over ground already covered by the Aldi and got 2 Pennies, a Sixpence, 2 sterling silver rings, $21.40 in moderns and about 25x 1c and 2c bb's. Quite a few of the moderns were deeper dirtier looking coins which I don't think the aldi had any chance of finding really.

Starting to get a much better feel for the detector now, it seriously rocks!

1436337781_20150708_1600470.jpg

1436337781_20150708_163017.jpg

1436337781_20150708_163052.jpg

1436337781_20150708_163112.jpg

Sure is Rocket, bloody great to use, has slowed me down a bit compared to the aldi but revealing everything it missed, which is great. Ran it in Conductive Audio today and it seemed more intuitive to me in a junk infested area. Silvers all sound the same but sound the same as 1 and 2c coins and give about the same Fe/Co readings........ hence the reason I got so many of them.

Just using the standard Minelab coin pattern so far as it rejects all the highly ferrous junk in the ground. Modern pulltabs give a bit of a similar Fe/Co to a gold ring.

So Heatho,... where would you put the floor of the Alditecta after your new insights ?

Looking dangerous on that Etrac Heatho, some really good finds starting to filter through, especially on previously worked ground. At least you are getting some first hand experience should you want to upgrade or compliment the Aldi with an FBS detector in the future. :)

Big of you to loan your tecta out to Heatho Barney,... says a lot in itself. :)

I already want to upgrade GP, these FBS units are awesome. Getting a better feel for the subtle signal volume differences too in regard to depth and size of targets. The 2 user programs I created are working great.

silver said:
So Heatho,... where would you put the floor of the Alditecta after your new insights ?

Aldi is good for shallow surface finds mate but not very good if anything is deeper than 10-15cm, it has it's advantage on some things like fast target recovery so you can cover plenty of ground cleaning up recent drops, it's a great cheap introductory unit but it does miss alot of good stuff as we are seeing from the last 2 days finds as I worked this ground hard with the aldi. The Etrac has brought this spot back to life and shows how much good stuff is still there.

Might hit the same spot again today for a couple of hours.

Latest posts