complacent

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, figured that after I put my boots on, and went back to the area I was working, I would feel more comfortable if I knew where he was.
Reckon I will take my camera from now on, if its any thing like fishing, a camera is bad luck for me!
Didnt check on him on the way back to the car though, was to interested in getting in and the air con on.

goldtruck59 said:
all snakes should be shot !!! give me the creeps horrible things. Glad you are ok. Boots !!!
GT :)

thats a bit much mate, snakes play a part in keeping the feral population down, feeding our big birds etc. if you have a controlled environment fair enough but no need to kill them off.

davent said:
Wake up call today, got out of the car, walked about 50m through leaf ltter, and very nearly stepped on the biggest death adder I have ever seen, thicker than my arm, and about 3 to 4 big blue tounges in size, really big one, I was wearing thongs.

wonder if you have alot of food around for these snakes to be hanging around close to home. glad you didn't get bit mate

Wasnt near home mate, was out bush, near a creek I was checking out. Lots of leaf litter, just like most of the spots I swing my detector, wonder how many times Ive walked past them?
its the wet season, frogs everywhere, lizards everywhere, cicadas etc etc

G0lddigg@ said:
goldtruck59 said:
all snakes should be shot !!! give me the creeps horrible things. Glad you are ok. Boots !!!

thats a bit much mate, snakes play a part in keeping the feral population down, feeding our big birds etc. if you have a controlled environment fair enough but no need to kill them off.

Sorry mate, hate snakes. They make my skin crawl. eeek. I cant help it. Had a few bad encounters over the years.
Like I said if youse like em, that's fine by me.

All good mate my missus is the same. Have you seen the movie snakes on a plane? I got that movie for her and whilst watching it with a few friends i chucked a handfull of rubber snakes through the window... still living that down

goldtruck59 said:
Nightjar said:
goldtruck59 said:

Why???

Because they are slippery slimy mongrel bastards of things that when they bite you can kill you. That's why. Pretty self explanatory really.
Plus they give me the creeps.
If you like them mate , good on ya. I have no problem with that

Mr truck, I can assure you that snakes are neither slippery or slimy :)

Life kills us all (at some point in time) and yep they "creep" me out at times as well.

Without them maybe we wouldn't even be here???

They play a part in the scheme of things I reckon.

Like most things IMO if they try to F u up then do it to em worse ha ha ;)

Cheers,

Billy.

Latest posts