Brisbane, Warwick, SE Qld Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,
Are there any metal detecting clubs around Brisbane? Haven't got a detector yet and thought it might be the best place to ask questions and maybe do some field trips. My partner and myself are interested in getting detectors. We live in Kallangur, Qld. :)

Hi all, I live approx. 20 km north of Brisbane (North Lakes). At present I (I mean my son) has a Minelab X-terra 305. I too am keen for any trips. I realise the 305 is more suited for beaches and parks (and have fun hunting coins etc), but am willing to give other areas a try.

Quick question for the more experienced persons on the site, is it worthwhile investing in a new coil, possibly a double D as mentioned by Nugget above.

thanks in advance

NEV

I know this is an old thread, however, I live on Brisbanes Northside (Kallangur - near NorthLakes) so if anyone wants to go looking
for some Gold... let me know.

Luke.

Hi,
I live in Caboolture and I am still getting the money together for a Minelab 5000 but I am always out 4x4ing around Mt Mee and other places around this area, so if anyone would like a tag along for some prospecting around the Sunshine Coast... Caboolture area please let me know I will be interested for sure.. :)

My son recently joined the above club with a family membership fee of $100. He and I are heading to Durikai just past Warwick soon and we would like to drop into the club's base camp out there at Thane.

Unfortunately, he did not get sent a new member's pack, as you would expect as a new paying member, and it appears on the surface at least that the club operates under a veil of secrecy.

Would anyone on this forum be kind enough to send me a PM to where we may find their camp so we can drop in for a chat and a look, if in the immediate area.

Having had a browse of Gold and Ghosts it appears that the allocated fossicking areas are not exactly where the main gold was found. Are the forest areas not allocated to fossicking subject to mining leases? Were there any old mines on the Glendon Site which I understand to be a large area as well.

Glendon costs $22 per day to fossick anywhere on their 1100 acre grounds except for one buffer zone between their neighbours. It has good camping facilities both powered and unpowered and has a number of old mines on the site with very deep shafts that you need to be careful of if you visit the mines. One you can drop a stone and wait a couple of minutes for it to hit the bottom. It makes a good base to operate out of as you are close to the main public fossicking areas and Glendons itself of course. If you go there look up Bruce Bertram who does their gold prospecting training for them 0423-659-001, he knows all the gold areas around Warwick and is a top bloke.

The public fossicking areas are huge and also have mine sites on them. The maps are on the dept of mines fossicking areas site.

Hi all,
Anybody keen to go detecting on the Sunshine Coast let me know.
Regards.

Hi guys

I live in Cleveland, Brisbane and and have been detecting for 1 year. I find coins and jewellery every time I use my Garret euro ace (Beginners luck) but would love to find some gold. I come from a diving background and im thinking I may purchase an underwater detector soon.
Would be keen too meet up with others who enjoy this hobby.
Cheers Brian

Hey all,

I live in Murrumba Downs and I have no idea where to go,would love to get together with someone to go prospecting, I have a Garret at pro.

Hi Brian. i think a big problem with us in Qld is that unlike Victoria we are bit more than a cuppla hrs. drive from a fossicking spot. It is a huge state like WA. At least 4+ hrs to get anywhere decent unless you live in a country district. We have a Forum that has all the info you need for virtually all of Australia, and if not plenty of members will help. Just wait and see.
Jack

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but keen as mustard, would really appreciate any and all advice on getting started, I'm in Ipswich and would love to join a club or group to get started properly, advice on a detector etc would be much appreciated, cheers Wayne

Hi all, is any one interested in detecting a couple of parks on the south side of Brisbane. It would be good to have some one tag
along, PM me if interested.

Cheers,DD

Hi fox351, just wondering wherecabouts near Jimna you go just a beginner from Dakabin and am keen to get amongst it. Anyone who lives near my way drop me a line and we can have a chat or go out detecting one day. :cool:

EDIT: Email address removed as per forum rules. You can contact any member by clicking on the EMAIL button under the avatar to the right. Thanks. Admin team.

I'm located at Bald Hills and would like to get out one day and go on a hunt with some fellow detectorists. I've got a Garrett 350 Euroace and have been checking out some of the local parks and dry sand on the beaches. Cheers Wade

Latest posts