Brisbane, Warwick, SE Qld Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brisbane Metal Detecting Club has permissions to a number of places FOR club outings...

We meet every Month and trips are planned along with input from members but a bit quite this time of year.

Some turn up and think once they join that have free access to a number of places... This is a Club and about mateship and helping others out etc

And the GOLD permissions have been granted to the CLUB and not individuals. That being said a few members do get together and go off and do their own Gold Prospecting runs - Be it FNQ or even bigger trips to WA.

Cheers guys.
Seems like i'll give it a miss then.

Does make some sense regarding that location as Ive seen a few QPC signs out that way near Talgai fossicking area.

Hi All
I have been in and seen the old fellow along the Big Hill Road, he is a book of knowledge, had a bit of mucking around with divining ,at the time he had picked up a reef line and was doing a bit of digging.

He also had/has a working gold mine up in Talgai State forest again that place is huge once your in there well worth the drive and a look.

I cant remember his name but actually very friendly like most old timers story's to tell I went away with a smile, and got me hooked on the rods for awhile.

Im sure you dont have to be a member to drop in and have a yarn I wasn't, may just lean something gosh he would have to 80 or so.

K-M

Anyone in Southside Brisbane have good spots to detect? I researched Logan and the closedt thing was the old miltary camp towards Logan Village but its now private property. 8.(

G'day all, wondering if any one in the Brisbane/south, south-west area would be interested in forming a group of like minded metal detectorists for prospecting together, anything from a day trip to as a friend and I are doing next month a 6-8 week adventure to WA? If anyone is keen PM me and we can all get together and chat it out, regards Ned (Wayne) :) :Y:

ScottishGordo said:
Anyone in Southside Brisbane have good spots to detect? I researched Logan and the closedt thing was the old miltary camp towards Logan Village but its now private property. 8.(
I am new and in the logan area. Like to know more as you do. Thanks

Does anyone know whether the Queensland Prospecting Club is still going? Drove out there a couple of days ago and no one there, doesnt seem to be any new posts on their website.

Just wondered if anyone on here knew?

Thanks

Hev

A no go as best I know...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8228

I think things went to crap...

Only club I know of that is operating is the Brisbane Metal Detecting Club. And while we do do Gold trips...

The same issue often crops up with people not staying in the right area OR go off and leave a mess OR not wanting to follow set guidelines.

My husband and I called in there a few years back, it was certainly no camping ground, met an old fella KEZA he was just living there with his dog, I know he wasn't well on and off.

The camp was along BIG HALLS ROAD going to Talgai State forest also the fossicking area when you hit the State forest sign a few Ks along was a yellow painted sign on the right side up in a tree it was visible but you do need to look for it I think it said QPC.

If by chance you did find it and KEZA is still there he is friendly with lots of knowledge and stories to tell.

Your best to camp at Glendons and detect there out the back, and make use of the fossicking areas.

Sorry about your sons $100.00 I dont think he will see anything for it.

k-M

Hi Wayne,

I am not into detecting but I am from Brisbane and wanting to go out sluice/panning, maybe you could detect it for me and I'll concentrate it for us :D

I'm keen on day trips and meeting a few other enthusiasts.

oops, double post.
can't see how to PM, nothing on your profile page? Still getting used to this forum
I wonder if I can't PM before a certain number of posts for spam protection?

seravitae,,,,, hey bud you need ten posts before you can message people on here

I'd be interested in doing a trip with a few people. I've been hitting the areas around Warwick that you can do with fossicking licence and also visiting Glendon Camping grounds. Detected at all and found zip on the new gold monster 1000. Panned and found a few grams. Just got set up to do some sluicing at Glendon Campgrounds and they've changed their rules there now. As of the 1st Sep 2017 you can no longer highbank or sluice in any way shape or form. Disappointing.

Much like seravitae I prefer to sluice/pan though happy to use the detector to find an area to do so. Can't do the long trips yet, kids are too young but happy to do some day trips bridging onto a few days. Have another mate who's been doing it for 30 or so years who might be keen also.

All that said be about a month, month and a half before I've some free time again. In the interim I'll achieve my star for attaining 10 posts and be able to drop you a PM.

Would love to know of other areas beyond the fossicking areas outside Warwick and Glendon camp grounds where you can go.

Cheers
Murdo.

Latest posts