New in SE QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, been trolling over the forum here for the last few days and it looks like a nice little community to be a part of.

I grew up on the south coast of NSW fossicking with my dad around the Pambula area panning creeks and stuff so its sort of been it the back of my head forever to get back into it. My kids will be old enough to come with soon and my 7yo is keen already plus that bloody show on TV has me interested again!

I have been considering purchasing a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 Gold Detector and trying my luck out and about.
Currently located on the Sunshine Coast in QLD and starting to wonder if im going to get much of a decent chance to actually use it here in QLD!
From what I can tell the only option is door knocking freehold owners or hitting up the designated fossicking areas like Deep Creek, and aside from the practice it sounds a bit futile there. Or I will be waiting until I can visit the fam in NSW again to use it after covid!

Anyhow that's me, nice to meet you all! :D