Belated Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all.

Warren here,
Very new to the whole scene, got the bug so I'm rallying the gear bit by bit and really enjoying our time in the field so far.
My partner and young fella 7yo are usually with me too.

I joined the forum some time ago with huge intentions after purchasing a cheap Highbanker from eBay.
It sat in the shed for an extended period until I moved my family and I back to hometown Nowra earlier in the year.

We enjoy a lot of camping year round and are no strangers to many parts of the Upper Shoalhaven River.
I bought the rest of the basic kit bar a small pump and have been using it recently with good results even just with a BCF 360 GPH bilge pump, top riffle cut out and carpet trimmed to make a boiler section at the top of the sluice.
Watching Wals setup pointed me in that direction. Seems to work well.

I have a big 5 or so HP firefighter pump with an Onga Pump on it but no suction or delivery hose if anybody has a second hand one laying about id be happy to exchange some beer tickets for!
I'm saving to buy a small more portable unit at the moment so I don't want to spend the quoted $160 on the bits I need for it.

We frequent Oallen Ford as its fairly local but love to travel so we're going to hit Hill End, Tuena, Oberon, Sunny Corner and a few other spots in the coming months.

There's a guy on YouTube called Adventure Gold, I really enjoy his videos and look forward to meeting up with him one day.

Anyhow, you can't miss us out in the field in the Graphite Dual Cab Landcruiser with all the fruit, usually got a yellow canoe on top or on the bike trailer when down the Shoalhaven River areas.
We don't bite, stop into camp and say gday anytime you see us out.

Great site here, top information shared around, keep up the good work.
Cheers.

Warren.

Welcomecto the forum Warren not a bad lot here and sounds likexyou are heading in the right direction to be set up for gold hunting mite see up up Hollend way someday

Welcome mate .U and the family are living in the right area to really enjoy the hobby . Love living in se qld but a lot of ks to find gems or gold .

Latest posts