Thanks for the membership

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday folks, firstly thanks for the membership. The kids and I will thoroughly enjoy this site Im sure. We love camping and having fun, not to mention fossicking as well. I have a fair bit of equipment, just no decent detector.
Can someone please tell me what to press to like a topic.
Also can anyone suggest a place to go sluicing on the Copeland Creek, nsw. I am planning my first trip to the area, keen to know any other rivers or creeks which I can go. We would your input, thank you kindly people.

All the ones that i looked at are underground mines (gold)

They seem to run along or very close to Copeland Creek

1618466928_copeland_creek_nsw.jpg

Chris Price said:
Can someone please tell me what to press to like a topic.
G'day Chris, and welcome. I'm pretty new here myself, and I could be wrong, but you don't get the 'Like' button option until you have your 10? posts up...or you have a paid subscription...which is what I did. Lots of good info and good people on this forum :Y: (says the newbie)

Thanks LostNTired, Im hearing you buddy with that username. As I am trying to pay a lot of bills and have six kids Im looking after, I cant quite afford the like button for a couple of weeks. But I very much appreciate your answer. I thought I was suffering more than I thought from my work injury for a bit there. Have a great day there my friend. Best of luck to you. :goldnugget:

Also thank you Mackka, 7.62marksman, Jaros and LostNTired. A ranger was telling me yesterday that I cant pan in the Copeland Creek, however not all the creek is off limits on the Forestry fossicking maps it looks like, and I have heard reports of people panning it recently? There are a lot of old mines in the area. I have a Gold Rat sluice to answer Jaross question, thanks buddy. I also have the blue bowl which I modified with PVC pipeline and an extra tap to not allow too much back pressure on the 1100 GPH pump, which diverts the extra pressure back into the 20 Ltr bucket which I notched out 4mm slots for the wire legs to fit onto. Then I hockey trap the bowl to the bucket so it doesnt get knocked off. I have realised I might have to include a filter to stop recirculating particles coming back through. The purpose of all this is to help my back, I just have to take my pay dirt home from my sluice, which is a lot easier for me. I still do a test pan to find the good spot but. Just thought ide share this, someone might be able to find what I did helpful. Have a great day all. :beer:

Latest posts