AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Ill keep trecking about with Numpy till we get the honeyhole. I know its there. Most targets were at the same 'level'. I guess it is possible that someone who really knows what they are doing with a good detector could simply dig the good targets. We did have a feeling that the children's playground bark had holes scattered over it.

No giving up for these iron soldiers mate, we just farted in the wrong direction today that's all :lol:

I should mention about the chinese saxaphone player who was sitting under the 'widow maker' tree. ( pine cones from cockies in the tree kept falling..very close! Too close for Numpty as one was a couple of feet away from his noggin! )

..anyway, he thought detecting looked better than blowing brass so he came and had a chat, well, his first words were 'no english' so we had a basic talk but still amusing and thought I'd share a snippet. I cut off the film short, but he picked up the detector and started swinging teaching us the word for metal as I showed him the noises which are good. I thought it was a funny part of the day and gave us something to laugh about haha

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMNkb9tk78[/video]

Ah ha ha ... 'No ingrish'
Thats funny shite
.... And you reckon you found nothing :rolleyes:
Thats gold right there :lol:

Coin gods were nice today. Got a penny ( hiding under bottle cap ) and also this possible bell? The words around I'm pretty sure say 'SUCCESS TO, 3 1/4, J.D, HORSE TEAMS

U dug where 705 said he had been.. I guess he goes a bit quick over the ground and misses a lot 8)

Found out onky digging certain 'bongs' is a bad move. I dug a couple of 'bip' signals and they were 10c. Ill need to go over it all again which is not a bad thing either :)

1450066354_14500662585390.jpg

1450066382_14500662722161.jpg

At least all the big high tone signals will be out of the way for the second run across it all. :)
Bell looks like a good find. :D

I did a lot of detecting in the 70's in my city parks ,picked up lots back in the day but nowadays all these park lands have been lasered and top dressed up to 3 foot !!! So all the deep ones are well and truly buried .

Tater said:
I did a lot of detecting in the 70's in my city parks ,picked up lots back in the day but nowadays all these park lands have been lasered and top dressed up to 3 foot !!! So all the deep ones are well and truly buried .
Welcome to the forum too Tater. :)

Tater said:
Dozers, concrete jungle and residential estates are covering up around here and have been for years. It is a race in some areas. You know what I'm doing when I see a house that's being pulled down around here ;)

numpty said:
thats better than yesterdays "haul" :D
Mate, I rolled my eyes as my very first signal I dug today was that penny and just sighed..I couldn't believe it after yesterday and was gobsmacked. Feel free to word me up if you ever want to come my way and detect too Numpty, your more than welcome anytime!!! Even half way places, lots between, lets go jump into them mt.evelyn army tunnels :p

We just had a pooper day mate, I put the dodgy finds to the side as meeting you was the score of the day no matter what came out the ground :) how's that sluice going ;)

yep still a good day, few laughs and got to meet ya so im happy..... sort of. :D

love my little sluice mate thanks again for that, i put it in my trinket cabinet. :)

AtomRat said:
Coin gods were nice today. Got a penny ( hiding under bottle cap ) and also this possible bell? The words around I'm pretty sure say 'SUCCESS TO, 3 1/4, J.D, HORSE TEAMS

U dug where 705 said he had been.. I guess he goes a bit quick over the ground and misses a lot 8)

Found out onky digging certain 'bongs' is a bad move. I dug a couple of 'bip' signals and they were 10c. Ill need to go over it all again which is not a bad thing either :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3111/1450066354_14500662585390.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3111/1450066382_14500662722161.jpg

Top finds mate.

1450073691_1476364148.gif

Japanese guy encounter was funny. We get alot of weird, and wonderful people wanting a chat. Yesterday, ramjet disappeared for awhile, and came back with a blonde.....dunno what that was about.....

rocketaroo said:
Japanese guy encounter was funny. We get alot of weird, and wonderful people wanting a chat. Yesterday, ramjet disappeared for awhile, and came back with a blonde.....dunno what that was about.....

I heep telling you that women are attracted to blokes with detectors. Believe me yet? :D

Latest posts