AT-GOLD Night Setup :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my night config. I'm using an LED Lenser P5 torch with a rubber rifle/torch mount I purchased online from the UK.

All up it added just over 100gm to the detector which is hardly noticeable and the P5 pumps out some serious light for its size.

I also use an LED headlamp.

24cuu84.jpg

2d7wsy1.jpg

good looking set up there nugget did you get both the items off ebay

I purchased the mount from an online store (in the UK) and the torch from eBay. The torch seller is a registered LED Lenser distributer.

Just a tip....
When looking for torches, cap lamps (just about any lighting) etc nowadays, look for led lighting using 'CREE' leds...
They are amazing!
The first series I imported many years ago cost me about $100 usd, now, as technology left these for dead, they can be got for a $ out of China!

I'll second the CREE leds Gold miner. I got one out of China that is sooo powerful I dare not look in the lens when it's on for fear of blinding myself. It's got an adjustable beam width - from spot to flood light and mine comes with a re-chargeable Lithium Ion battery or 3 AAA batteries.

Nugget, any chance you could post a link to that online store in the UK for the mount?

John

Will do John, I'm just about to hit the hay but I'll track down the URL tomorrow and post it up.

Nice set up nugget. Looks pretty sweet. How does your cap lamp go with reading the display? It's the only down side to the AT-Gold is that the screen isn't back lit.

Looks really neat.This is the sort of thing I'm looking for as I usually get up quite early,jump in the car and am on the beach before sunrise.Likewise at the end of the day after everybody has left the beach and the sun has gone down.I had a look on-line and there are a couple of similar mounts available in Australia - try LED Torch Shop or Elite Outdoor Gear.

Definatly must be Cree LEDs, I have a 3W Cree led cap lamp that I use for work underground, crisp white light!

they look very nice - only thing is there run time is only 1.5 hours - i have the lenser P7 and it will run for 64 hours on high and 128 on low - still have a beam up to 240 metres and water/shock resistant up to a few metres

Latest posts