Any gpz buyers concerned about being alone in the bush with 10k

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LC76 said:
Had weird experience today in kamarooka top end of the whipsticks.
Felt eyes on me so I straighten up take of the headphones and see a dark green Ford in the distance and someone hanging out the window with binoculars looking in my direction.
As soon as I started walking to him he took of.

Kinda freaked me out a bit.
Are we allowed to carry a knife while prospecting?
I will be next time and not my little pocket knife.

I'm thinking of investing in the 7000 so I'm a little concerned after today.
Have a good mate that lives in Sebastian, he regularly takes out my 705 for a play, and found some nice little pieces in his time, only last month he caught a couple of 'no brainers' trying to roll his Magna, unlucky for thievs, he's an ex farming hay carter, that's spent quite a few years with gloves on!
Keep your eyes peeled for a bronze coloured older model 100series landcruiser wagon, he's been known to do some prospecting sniping.
Dont let some weirdos stop you from buying a new 7k, if you really concernd, flip me a PM, I'd be keen to see a 7k in action, and watch ya throw down on some douchebags ;)

Tathradj said:
Some of the Dueling Banjo Area's around here, I would never go camping or prospecting by myself.
Never.
And also after a few nasty experiences out in the middle of no where.
Don't get me started...
C'mon Tathra, we wanna hear your stories mate.

TBH I don't think there is much to worry about in the Vic bush your always close to some populated area. Personally in vic it's the rednecks shooting anything that moves is a bit of a concern.
Places in WA, NT and QLD where your literally on your own and wouldn't be thought of as missing for a few days is where you would want the rifle in easy reach.

LC76 said:
Had weird experience today in kamarooka top end of the whipsticks.
Felt eyes on me so I straighten up take of the headphones and see a dark green Ford in the distance and someone hanging out the window with binoculars looking in my direction.
As soon as I started walking to him he took of.

Kinda freaked me out a bit.
Are we allowed to carry a knife while prospecting?
I will be next time and not my little pocket knife.

I'm thinking of investing in the 7000 so I'm a little concerned after today.

Get One of them Garrett or Liesch Digging Tools and Sharpen It Up and use some of that Para Cord to make a Loop that goes through the Handle to put your hand through, So if things get heated you can't Drop It, Its not Classed as A Knife,

That's Not A Knife, THATS A KNIFE, lol

You gotta be a little bit too accurate with a blade in my experience. Chainsaws or tazers get my nod of approval. :D ;) Steel knitting needle is next on the list.

Just saying but when i had a meet up prospecting 1st time one of the lads rang his mrs to say its ok......we look friendly....no Milat meet ups.

Goldtarget said:
Chainsaws or tazers get my nod of approval.
Hahaaaa, hockey mask anyone!!!! Who DAT!!!
1425086849_image.jpg

Goldtarget said:
You gotta be a little bit too accurate with a blade in my experience. Chainsaws or tazers get my nod of approval. :D ;) Steel knitting needle is next on the list.

I Blame my miss Spent Youth,

I blame my brother and my mates mis-spent youth. I'm really a pacifist. I can't even watch rpa without getting queasy

Like a few of the boys above, never been bothered out there with a good dog as a best mate - never been worried with Max the Wonder Dog with me. A very grumpy old Red Heeler (bit like me) - I wear headphones pretty much all the time but I keep and eye on him and trust me, the old boy lets me know when he is bothered and there is a big difference in his reaction to him spotting a 'roo/possum or a person.

Latest posts