Any gpz buyers concerned about being alone in the bush with 10k

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiluxlou said:
Hahaha , can just see it now junkies roaming the gold fields looking for someone with a 7000 to rob. Is this post for real ?

I don't think anyone was suggesting that but I just had a mental picture of what you said and I was laughing pretty hard to myself. Maybe I just have a dry sense of humor.

I don't know what it's like in other goldfields through out our beautiful country but I am flat out finding my mates in the bush let alone anyone looking to steal something from me.

I believe that if anyone has intentions to do something wrong, they are going to do it regardless. So if it is your Phone, Detector, Car, Caravan whatever that could be on their hit list. Insurance is the best bet, but as many have mentioned make sure your policies cover specifics, most policies only cover up to $2K per item and have clauses regarding vehicles etc... Most as stated including me are under insured.

Just be aware of your surroundings and who is around, in most cases no one is around.

grubstake said:
Receiver, yes; transmitter, not so sure. Does the GPZ have a slot for a SIM card?

Well of course, how else you gonna use the inbuilt Sat phone?

2vd1xld.jpg

Dont get all technical on me GS! Lol

Cheers

Big Nugget said:
just checked my house insurance, covered at home but only up to $1000 away from home. :eek:

added the TDI & 7000 to my policy for an extra $300 per year.
covers theft, loss & accidental damage.

so if someone tries to knock it off I can break it over their head and be still be covered :D

So....you are telling me you can now loose it in my letterbox......wooohoooo ;) :D :lol: :p :cool:

Can you give your insurance company a plug on here? :)

I tried 2 but both refused to add my GPX on :mad: . One of them said that even if they did they don't cover specified items whilst "in use". Basically they said only in transit or in storage out of normal usage times i.e. hard to prove that items are not in use during the day when camped etc. being recreational/leisure equipment. They also baulked when I wanted $6500 cover for my GPX & accessories - don't quote me now but I'm pretty sure they said about $3k was the limit on individual items & there was a maximum limit on multiple items also. I haven't enquired about the SDC after that.

If your company will do them without the "fine print" it would be good to know who they are.

Wally69 said:
Big Nugget said:
just checked my house insurance, covered at home but only up to $1000 away from home. :eek:

so if someone tries to knock it off I can break it over their head and be still be covered :D

So....you are telling me you can now loose it in my letterbox......wooohoooo ;) :D :lol: :p :cool:

LMAO Wally ;)

now where did I put those detectors???... Damn... :eek: :p ;)

mbasko said:
Can you give your insurance company a plug on here? :)

I tried 2 but both refused to add my GPX on :mad: . One of them said that even if they did they don't cover specified items whilst "in use". Basically they said only in transit or in storage out of normal usage times i.e. hard to prove that items are not in use during the day when camped etc. being recreational/leisure equipment. They also baulked when I wanted $6500 cover for my GPX & accessories - don't quote me now but I'm pretty sure they said about $3k was the limit on individual items & there was a maximum limit on multiple items also. I haven't enquired about the SDC after that.

If your company will do them without the "fine print" it would be good to know who they are.

sure mate,

they are covered if I lose them, they are stolen, I run over them, or meta doesn't return em :p
not covered if it dies whilst using ( which would be warranty anyway).
however, it is covered if its stolen whilst using it ;)
$100 excess
AAMI

........Extra Cover for Portable Valuables Option

Extra Cover Specified Items
You have your extra cover specified items covered for
$13,200 please see below for specified items details:

Metal Detector - White`S Tdi Pro Oz Series covered up to $2,500
Metal Detector - Minelab Gpz 7000 covered up to
$10,700
Extra Cover Unspecified Items

You have your extra cover unspecified items covered for
$1,000 (Up to $1,000 per item, pair, set or collection)

cheers ;)

Big Nugget said:

Thats a pretty sweet deal BN, well done mate!

Remember who has your TDI at the moment.......Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

Get back on the phone and tell em you want to make a claim. Hehe!

:cool:

Metamorphic said:
Big Nugget said:

Thats a pretty sweet deal BN, well done mate!

Remember who has your TDI at the moment.......Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

Get back on the phone and tell em you want to make a claim. Hehe!

:cool:

lol meta.

I know its in good hands mate ;)

i'll be working most of next week if you want to play with the new one

Back to being serious. It makes sense to declare your prospecting kit as extras. With a couple of detectors, fridge, batteries, gps, radio, pinpointer, backpack the replacement bill on a ransacked vehicle could spiral out of control.

Thanks for starting this thread, I will be checking my policy. 8)

I had my GPX fully listed portable valuables for full value through NRMA, covered for accidental damage, loss and theft etc. When I sold it and bought the camera gear I just transferred the wording to the camera.

Latest posts