Any gpz buyers concerned about being alone in the bush with 10k

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a sad thought I know but was thinking especially if your alone out in the bush it would be pretty easy to knock off if someone wanted to.any one buying a gpz7000 had any thoughts on this as you are walking around with 10 k

Have never thought about detector insurance whilst your out in the field actually.

Detectors are starting to get to the sorts of prices where insurance is something one must consider nowadays!

Yeh sure, house and contents ins. covers your machine from theft, fire etc when its at home, but what about while in use?

Anyone had this kind of insurance or know if its even available?

Edit : Remember the Zed has an inbuilt GPS transmitter/receiver so it could be tracked just like your smart phone.

Yes you can insure it just the same as you can insure your smart phone. I've run over my smart phone a couple of times ;) ;)

I Don't think much has changed since the gold rush days its just that nowadays we are not allowed to walk around with colt revolver. There is always going to be some sneaky mongrel waiting to rob and steel.

Insure it for sure and don't put up a fight, no gold is worth your life

I'm actually heading g down the insurance road myself. Come on salesman hit me up via pm if you have any suggestions.

Imagine a prospecting club with 20 members at a Camp over.

10 members with the 7000 and the rest with a GP or GPX.

Its a bit of coin laying about on one prospecting trip.

It's a pretty small community word of a GPZ theft would spread like wild fire and the owner should have the serial number to track it down.

Has anyone had a detector stolen when out detecting before or know someone that has? :( I know there's always low life's out there that are prepared to steel rather than work for stuff. So is this a real problem, or just a concern because the gpx is expensive?

I'd be more worried about some one knocking it off out of my car, the idiot probably wouldn't even know what his pinched.

Knocking some one on the head for a detector is a bit extreme....
Out of the car yes....you would have to be a low life junky to do such a thing and last time i looked there werent to many hanging out in the middle of no where.
Every town has its drop outs....

My advise is dress down for the occaision ....put an aldi sticker on every thing ....dont drive past the pub 1st in you BMW or stop to ask the locals and tell them what and where your doing. ;)

Wintersnake said:
I'd be more worried about some one knocking it off out of my car, the idiot probably wouldn't even know what his pinched.

It happened here not too long ago. A poor bloke just picked up his gpx 5000 he stopped at the shops quickly on the way home and someone broke into his boot and took it. Must have been following him the whole time I reakon.

They can have my detector ...
It is covered by house hold home and contents..
As is my camping gear , gps and computers ....

cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim said:
They can have my detector ...
It is covered by house hold home and contents..
As is my camping gear , gps and computers ....

cheers Nanjim
Jim

You must have very good insurance, most policies won't cover that sort of stuff once you leave home.

Yes very good insurance ...
You get what you pay for ....
I had been under insured for years....
Yes it costs money to get good insurance ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Latest posts