2013 finds - Pete_the_Prospector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, Went for a swing on one of my local beachs last night, not much but a weird looking ring, a snake thingy and a Threepence :eek:
Its been there a while and dont know what date is yet but will stick up a pic when cleaned :D
beach1_zps7d55f10b.jpg

beach2_zpsbf276c72.jpg

beach3_zpsa6e1714f.jpg

beach4_zpsebdd440e.jpg

:eek: how did you clean the threepence up? and any idea what the snake is made of?

I have no idea what the snake is made of :/ cleaned it up with the dremal :D I think its just a cheapy as it was green and has no stamps. The coin being a pre-1953 is Silver and not 50% Silver in the coins from 1953 onwards so I stuck it in Phosphoric Acid for a little while, maybe 10 minutes. Then afterwards gave it a good rub with Bi-Carb ;)

It's a shame the threepence was in poor condition as it apears to be miss stamped. If you look at the rim it is off centre. This would of made it worth more if in good condition. Still a nice lot of finds.

My first siver that I picked up at beach was a threepence I gave it a rub to see date & it broke in three pieces . I was devastated my first silver gone lol.

Yeah they tend to do that :eek: This one was close to falling apart, hence the little piece missing from the rim but I managed to save it, I'm guessing the elements and the salt must make the silver brittle over time.

Hi All, went for a quick beach hunt this morning and found a Platinum and Diamond Ring, pic is not the best as was taken with my old phone but you get the idea :D Happy Much :cool:

foundplatinum640x480_zpsed1528ca.jpg

Well done Pete the rings are better than coins. You have to be very lucky to find a coin with a value more than $20 but usualy ring are worth something. It's also gives great pleasure to find the owners sometimes.

Went for a hunt this morning with two other forumites, didn't find all that much but had a great time, Thanks Nugget and Wooster :D
Did find an intact Lead Soldier, a 1921 Half Penny and a Key plus other bits and plenty of rubbish :/ I will give the soldier a clean later ;)

todaysfinds1_zps2378f382.jpg

todaysfinds2_zpsf30899cc.jpg

todaysfinds3_zpsaac83c1f.jpg

todaysfinds4_zpsc6d1f100.jpg

Howdy All, went for a swing at 2 of the local beach's last night for a grand total of $7.55 :eek: It seemed to be a lot of work for little return so I decided to go to one of my backup spots that I haven't done for a while. I usually detect this spot once a month but I haven't been there since late November and being the holidays I thought I would give it a swing. There are two areas about 10 metres X 30 metres each, and last nights finds is from just one of them, I will do the other one at the end of the holidays :D

darkpark1_zps65f579a2.jpg

darkpark2_zpsaec6153e.jpg

darkpark3_zps0bf714c4.jpg

darkpark4_zps32785c02.jpg

darkpark5_zpsdd44cf8f.jpg

Good work pete Those quarters give nice high reading and are easy to to hear.

Yeah it did actually, in the high 80's to 90's, wondered what the hell it was going to be screaming at me that way, he's been there a while too. There is a 20cent coin in this lot dated 2012 and its as brown as chocolate, sure doesnt take long to change colour considering they are only in shallow sand at a park :eek:

Latest posts