⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your request as you will have to find more than 388 of those 0.08gm bits to make the ounce. I know you will wear your arm out just digging, so lift your game mate. 😌 Aim for a ounce size or bigger. 💰💰 best of luck
Dang - way to put it into perspective!

Spent 5 days with the wife at 1870 Clermont pay to detect. Wifey got around half of the bits and is addicted now so buying another 6! Ended up with 33 bits from .05 to .7 and got some good tips on ground reading veg/geology and technique from Leigh and Ned. Saw some bigger pieces found to 4g by other first timers. Keen to hit the GPAs up there next time, better than my local Gympie!

Attachments

• 042E2B84-A4A3-4AC7-B507-3ECD43DDB360.jpeg
    042E2B84-A4A3-4AC7-B507-3ECD43DDB360.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
Any chance of a big bullseye... apparently I got shit aim!
Detect for depth with a big coil and the right settings on your machine. Spend some time practicing with larger targets buried at the limit of your detectors capability. Your aim may be fine, you may just not be hearing the target.

Been a while but finally back for a detect in the GT. Up at Bridgewater (Inglewood) for a week in the van after getting the new Izuzu two weeks ago after a 15 month wait.
After two days nothing to show and my bones showing their age and muscles their lack of practice was a bit despondent over our afternoon tea break. All the places we had tried had holes everywhere and we were lucky to even get a signal.
Desperate for something, tried one last spot and forsaking my 5000 and NF 15, I commandeered Gina’s 2300, and finally cracked the duck.

IMG_1869.jpeg

Hi all, Well done with all of your recent finds. I have been logging on intermittently just not posting. It's always great to see hard work pay off when we pull another piece of this extraordinary metal from the ground. I thought I would post a tally of my last 6-8 outings, I can't quite remember! All from Talbot and Maryborough. I had been considering justifying the expense of a 6000 but really can't afford one. I still have my trusty 4500 and am using the 12x8 Evo because it it so much easier in overgrown spots. Biggest piece is 0.9g just under 1ft down and the smallest pieces (3) weigh in at 0.05g each, all found at
3-4" down. It may be small but I found it and someone else missed it, that's what I remind myself. Perhaps I don't need a 6000 just yet?...Anyway, happy swinging and take care out there.

IMG_2905.jpeg

I had been considering justifying the expense of a 6000 but really can't afford one. I still have my trusty 4500 and am using the 12x8 Evo because it it so much easier in overgrown spots. Biggest piece is 0.9g just under 1ft down and the smallest pieces (3) weigh in at 0.05g each, all found at
3-4" down. It may be small but I found it and someone else missed it, that's what I remind myself. Perhaps I don't need a 6000 just yet?
Mate, you're doing great - congratulations! You've got excellent, RELIABLE gear that you're clearly utilising to its full potential, so I don't see the 6000 being an upgrade at all for you - not with the results you're getting.

Mate, you're doing great - congratulations! You've got excellent, RELIABLE gear that you're clearly utilising to its full potential, so I don't see the 6000 being an upgrade at all for you - not with the results you're getting.
Thanks Grubstake - a 6000 would probably take me years to get it to pay for itself if I was finding similar gold. The weight of a 6000 and ease of use does appeal though. In an ideal world I would have the trifecta - old trusty 4500, 6000 and a 7000!

Thanks Grubstake - a 6000 would probably take me years to get it to pay for itself if I was finding similar gold. The weight of a 6000 and ease of use does appeal though. In an ideal world I would have the trifecta - old trusty 4500, 6000 and a 7000!
Seems like most 6000 users ARE finding similar gold, but the weight and ease of use are sufficiently important features for them to justify the outlay. However I doubt that the 6000 would have the depth capability to match your 4500 and it certainly doesn't have the range of coils that are available to you.

Latest posts