⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd share this video of a buddy finding a 72g specimen on our last trip to WA. Awesome find using the GPX 4500. It started as a very faint dubious signal. The video also includes a comparison of the GPX 6000 that fails to detect the specimen.

Not sure why they'd be using the elliptical NF 12x7 on that open ground & comparing it with a larger round coil which would go deeper by design?
Would of been fairer & more comparable with the 11" round or 17" elliptical.
A great find though & shows the GPX4500 is a great detector.

Just back from a week in lovely Tibooburra. The weather was great except for some unexpected steady overnight rain one night which curtailed our movements the next day or so.
Here’s the sunrise the morning before.

Not much weight to come home with, but its just icing on the cake
The old saying about a red sky in the morning being a shepherd's warning, seems to have held true in this case. :)
Nice to see some fresh colour and the rattle in the nugget jar would have made the long drive more than worthwhile.

Just back from a week in lovely Tibooburra. The weather was great except for some unexpected steady overnight rain one night which curtailed our movements the next day or so.
Here’s the sunrise the morning before.
View attachment 10672
Not much weight to come home with, but its just icing on the cake
View attachment 10673
how goods that! i can't believe how many people got to tib this year

Latest posts