⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wet weight was suspended, I tried a few formulas I found online and came up with similar results.
I’ve dollied half, I’m a bit sceptical but time will tell, I had to cut it short yesterday because I was pissing the neighbours off🙄

If you light a fire, get the rock redhot and drop it into a metal bucket of water then half your work will be done. The rock will easily crumble without a lot of smashing in the dolly pot.

Thanks Phil, it dollyed easy enough it’s just the prickly stringers still attached after grading down. I’m good mates with our neighbours, but was probably getting a bit enthusiastic last night.
When I found this one I only had my small pick, it started to get to deep, so decided to walk back to camp to get the big gun, I marked my location and realised I only missed it by about a foot going back over an old patch, always worth going back for another look.

Thanks Phil, it dollyed easy enough it’s just the prickly stringers still attached after grading down. I’m good mates with our neighbours, but was probably getting a bit enthusiastic last night.
When I found this one I only had my small pick, it started to get to deep, so decided to walk back to camp to get the big gun, I marked my location and realised I only missed it by about a foot going back over an old patch, always worth going back for another look.

Hippyty, Do we get to see the results on the scales? ;)

So this species was a bit like picking bindis from a woollen sock, there was a mixture of wire fine and flour.
Run down to 20 mesh and I’m still finding gold in rock but don’t think there’s much more in it. For another day.
But here’s a photo of the dirty gold on the scales.
No where near the gravity results, but has been hair pulling fun, I’ll post the final results on the melt.

Attachments

• IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
So this species was a bit like picking bindis from a woollen sock, there was a mixture of wire fine and flour.
Run down to 20 mesh and I’m still finding gold in rock but don’t think there’s much more in it. For another day.
But here’s a photo of the dirty gold on the scales.
No where near the gravity results, but has been hair pulling fun, I’ll post the final results on the melt.

Wow that's impressive Hippyty. Any chance of more in the same location?

If I get a few days before Chrissy I’ll have another look, this one sounded like ground noise at first and easily past if I wasnt swinging slow, I thank the 39c forecast on the day for that.

scott, I enjoy your videos but what have you done to that detector? Why all the racket after you've taken its target away? It behaves like a spoilt child 😂
My secret mate, yeah it's off its nut when in the spoon, but try to imagine its effectiveness on target responce..
Playing with the 5000 I've learnt you can dumb it down in some ways and super it up in others.
Options you don't have with the later models (presets).
Sensativity is the enemy, it = tiny lead shot signals.
Bigger coils cancel them out, sure it cancels the sub 0.1s but I leave them for the 6ks.

Last edited:
I don’t normally travel during the day, but one day I did a sneaky white rav 4 100km north of meeka pinged me 12ks over with a trailer.
Some call me crazy but I always travel at night,
No over sized and Roos are no different to daytime.

I don’t normally travel during the day, but one day I did a sneaky white rav 4 100km north of meeka pinged me 12ks over with a trailer.
Some call me crazy but I always travel at night,
No over sized and Roos are no different to daytime.
I agree with you there and it's cooler and the boring landscape seems to pass quicker.

Hi all it’s been a while for me to post I haven’t been taking pics much lately so I thought I should get some to share.I still have more to process and clean up. Thanks all I try and keep some pics coming to inspire us all to keep swinging.
Now that's a nice sight in a pan! Thanks for the pix, 7an7. 👍

Rain stopped today and prevailed on the good woman to stay another day in Maryborough. Long day‘s work but managed to push the total up to just over three and a half grams. Picture includes yesterday’s haul. Biggest bit was just under a gram. Pretty knackered now but happy with the total and definately heading home tomorrow.IMG_1944.jpeg

Latest posts