⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quiet nightshift and the weather is meant to crap out tomorrow so decided to get out and have a look around. Only got the one.
1464089527_20160524_212138-1-1024x1367.jpg

Fizz said:
I like it too Chewy :) Reckon it's travelled a bit further than the reef I was near?
Dunno Fizz, if I had to guess I'd reckon it doesn't look to have traveled to far. I guess ya have to try and picture what the spot looked like years ago. How much ground has eroded in that time? Could be it has eroded out and just dropped and stayed put. I have heard it said that gold is heavy and lazy. :)

It could round up just sinking 50 metres as the earth moved out from under it over a few millennia. That'd fit lazy. :D

Smooth nugget Fizz travelled a fair way

I did this a few years ago now crushed the species in a dolly then
cleaned the detected gold in acid , dried and weighed and these are the photos
I used an old pan to dry them out

1464252546_img_0399.jpg

then on to the scales this detected gold was from N.S.W , Vic and W.A. hence the different colours

1464252950_img_0402.jpg

Cheers
P.S. sorry mate I'll see my mate in a few weeks and I'll ask him which detector he was using at the time
also included with this gold but no photo was all the sluiced gold
and this gold has already been sold

Yes there are a few years of detecting in that lot including this
This is a piece of cap rock off an old scrape from W.A. about 5 years ago
I crushed and acid treated with the rest a few years ago
sorry as I've lost my link to photobucket so this is off the computer screen from another of my posts

1464273105_d445e59e-0ad6-42a6-9835-686bfb0f4a6d_zpsx65esets.jpg

cheers Harry

Well done Reeks ..... You definitely worked for it. You certainly deserved the finds.
Good thing in finding junk is that others haven't cleared the spots and you never know what gold you're about to come across. It's that expectation that over rides the frustration ..... well most of the time it does.

Latest posts