⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
Awesome tom ur really killng it out at talbot. Bet if you got the big coil and the 4800 out more u would pull bigger gold out there.

Yeah, that was the idea when I left this morning but it didn't get a run .... gives me a reason to go back.
Total of 2.5gms (plus Scroungers) in small stuff .... only problem VERY hot ground may be why I kept the 4800 in the car.

Can PM you directions if you want to give a try.

Your spot on Golddig, these flat winds are giving both SDC, and 7000,.s a big run for their money. I got the 12 nf on a 5000 and, what a Rocket!

Teemore said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Awesome tom ur really killng it out at talbot. Bet if you got the big coil and the 4800 out more u would pull bigger gold out there.

Yeah, that was the idea when I left this morning but it didn't get a run .... gives me a reason to go back.
Total of 2.5gms (plus Scroungers) in small stuff .... only problem VERY hot ground may be why I kept the 4800 in the car.

Can PM you directions if you want to give a try.

Can run the elite in deep drop the stab right down around 6 should handle the ground pretty well. Nah i wont take your patch mate thanks for the offer though.

Yeah hard to separate them. Iv tried to join in here and post some pic,s from my phone but no joy, get to a certain point and it all comes to a halt? I'll have a crack next week when I go to town to service the 4wd on an IT cafe one while I'm waiting. Good on everyone to on the recent finds, reckon my dog bites just about healed, no pun intended, so hopefully next week I'm into it for 2016. Cheers all and please leave me some :lol:

1452855700_image.jpg

Got this bit a few days ago .Not much for 6 hrs but good being out there.

That's a nice little specie Craig. It came up well in the photo. That coil is the duck's gut's for small gold. Next time we'll have to test both coils while the target is still in the hole, for a comparison. I want to hear the 11"s response, compared to the 14". Great little coil and nice gold Bro...

Cheers bud, my phone camera couldnt do the little speci justice unfortunately so the beanie toting echidna will have to do :) Very keen to try a comparison test next time we get out again, but this is definitely my new all rounder coil now ;)

Husky

NeoGeo said:
That's a nice little specie Craig. It came up well in the photo. That coil is the duck's gut's for small gold. Next time we'll have to test both coils while the target is still in the hole, for a comparison. I want to hear the 11"s response, compared to the 14". Great little coil and nice gold Bro...

its a good test neogeo as painful as it is i've actually pulled the 14 out of the truck plugged it in and swung over a small target to compare. my view is that a small coil has an even slower swing speed and more room to cover different angles more effectively so you tend to be able to more thoroughly check those iffy ground noises whihc produces more small stuff. I do find you can crank the 11 right up to be completely unstable and still hear these tiny targets. while the 14 swamps out with alot more information coming in before you hit 14 on the gains.

We did some testing in avoca on a 21 gram nugget at depth and the 14 had a depth advantage of about 2 inchs, in undisturbed ground id say that would be a much bigger advantage.

Can you let us know how you guys went comparing the 11 and 14?

here's my tiddlers for the weekend 11" elite 4500 running in sdc :) less than half a gram

1453073107_20160118_095423.jpg

G0lddigg@ said:
Not wrong mate. Think i finally got the sdc settings dialed into the 4500 :)

Good work!
If you're enjoying the small stuff, you may want to see how good the 6" detech and Fine Gold works!

PhaseTech said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Not wrong mate. Think i finally got the sdc settings dialed into the 4500 :)

Good work!
If you're enjoying the small stuff, you may want to see how good the 6" detech and Fine Gold works!

is the 6" detech running flat windings? and i dont have fine gold ive got a 4500 :)

A couple of small bits from the weekend , first blood for the 15x12 commander
Always wondered if I should save some dirt from a nugget hole and pan it out ..turns out I shouldn't have bothered !
washed up a pan each from the 2 holes and ended up with 1 microflake
thanks , Brett
1453094466_nug.jpg

Latest posts