⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I am still coming to terms with it. I didn't expect it to be so big, considering the small stuff that I have only gotten from that area in the past.
:D
Cheers

Yes, I have gridded the area, though I still have more to do and will try different coils. I found the area through a lot of research and it should keep me busy for a month or two :)

Wow some great nuggets, will have to put my coin detector away for a while and start hitting the gold fields with a pi :)

A slug over 8 ounces from a northern NSW gold field, unheard of (almost), congratulations Oldfella. :) Your nugget maybe a record for the biggest nugget from the gold district you found it in....don't think the records from the 1800's from the districts up north mention many nuggets of that size.

Cheers RDD

Thanks for the comments, it was a good signal. The last few inches were hard to dig, almost cemented wash for want of a better word.

Top effort there mate! Bit of a surprise for the area - no need to travel far now :lol: Hopefully there is some more there waiting for you to find them - good luck.

Thanks mbasko, I hope my luck holds up with the area. I still like the Gulgong and surrounding area and use it as a good excuse to catch up with an old Mate of mine that lives there, though he hasn't been bitten by the gold bug ... Yet :) I still intend on working the area a bit more in Gulgong where I found the set of small nuggets a week ago, but that will have to wait for a few weeks now :)

1412035882_image.jpg

Spent the weekend in Dunolly and had another crack at Tarnagulla ! They yellow there has eluded Mungass for years , but the cook said go an get some Tarny Gold so me her and the two greasy hounds headed out and did just that ! All praise to the 3500 an now the Tarny Monkey is off me back. :D :)

Latest posts