⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks

Finally got the chance to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon. Wanted to try the Z Search coil on some ground that I pulled a piece from last month. The area was really small (about 3m x 4m) and I wanted to see if the new Nugget Finder would turn up something that the standard coil could not see. I started detecting next to an old dig hole that I had carefully detected around on my previous trip. Couldnt believe what I heard. The faintest of signals that only became repeatable after a couple of scrapes with the pick. Ended up digging a reasonable hole before the target popped out:
1610005004_b0ab0d8b-0201-4ec4-98ef-8519025903c2.jpg

The coil in the photo is basically sitting on top of the old dig hole. It was only a small piece of gold but this new coil was able to pick it up from good depth.
1610005261_6f402ceb-7439-40b4-af11-84613933c9f3.jpg

Cant wait to get out to some of the old spots that Ive worked heavily over the years to see if the Nugget Finder can squeeze out a few more bits.

Cheers

Les

Theres still a bit of colour in the grass and the topsoil looks to be holding some moisture.... is that normal for you at this time of year.
It may have helped in sniffing out that nuggie.. :Y:

Hi OzzieAu.

The ground has been wet for months now. I can only put it down to the sensitivity of the coil. A mate and I performed a couple of tests on undug gold targets on the day I picked up the Z Search. We got really lucky on that particular day as I was able to find two slight targets with the Nugget Finder that could not be picked up by the standard coil. We ran the same settings on both machines. Ive only had the coil out four times so Im not prepared to say too much at this stage except to say that it has punched quite deep for some small gold.

RM Outback said:
20xwater said:
Same spot, all in the first half hour, did another half hour and got nothing. So this time I quit while I'm ahead lol
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...569/1610270971_20210110_202350_compress77.jpg

Nice finds mate you've opened your account with a bang :perfect: :clap: fantastic start :beer:
Thanks mate, all no deeper than an inch, wondering if the hot ground interferes with deeper ones (if they are there), time will tell..

Latest posts