⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1432115667_20150520_194410-1.jpg

1432115695_20150520_194817-1.jpg

Theres a pic of the 3 found today all cleaned up. Glad that I'm picking stuff up in a flogged area. Gives me reassurance in my settings and also picking up on those faint signals. Very impressed with the 4500. Had it for 15 days now and been out a few times. Hers a pic of my little collection so far.
1432115825_20150520_195152-1.jpg

Well done walshie , I'm also a newbie and starting to feel the pressure to find some yellowplease keep the picks coming as there all inspiring.

Cheers.

Thanks guys, I was lucky enough to find a piece on my first outing by luck, the 2nd piece on the left.
I then went out twice and didn't find a thing and was starting to question myself, my settings and the places I was swinging. I picked up a few bits today and on my last day out and I'm starting to realize that its just a matter of getting your coil over it.
I've also learnt that slowing down and checking an area properly is much more effective than going like a cut cat trying to cover ground. When you slow down (low and slow) you really shouldn't miss those faint signals which is what most of these pieces have been. The biggest is .6 (far left) to give you an idea of the size of these tiddlers. I'm hoping i can get my coil over some bigger stuff in the future. Although I must admit, I'm stoked as to get colour of any size, coming home empty handed sux, however its something we all have to get used to with this hobbie.

4500 with an 8" coil is one deadly machine, and it won't take too long for that jar to become half full as they say. Nice bits there and hope the big one is just over the next hill.

Wal.

Thanks wal. I certainly hope so mate. I know I've said this before, but I'm very impressed with the 4500. Incredible machine! That 8" coil is dynamite!

walshie1000 said:
Thanks guys, I was lucky enough to find a piece on my first outing by luck, the 2nd piece on the left.
I then went out twice and didn't find a thing and was starting to question myself, my settings and the places I was swinging. I picked up a few bits today and on my last day out and I'm starting to realize that its just a matter of getting your coil over it.
I've also learnt that slowing down and checking an area properly is much more effective than going like a cut cat trying to cover ground. When you slow down (low and slow) you really shouldn't miss those faint signals which is what most of these pieces have been. The biggest is .6 (far left) to give you an idea of the size of these tiddlers. I'm hoping i can get my coil over some bigger stuff in the future. Although I must admit, I'm stoked as to get colour of any size, coming home empty handed sux, however its something we all have to get used to with this hobbie.
I'm used to it. lol :(

Thinks its just part of the game so to speak haha. All the pieces I have found have had pick marks right near them. I suppose others have just missed them or possibly a bit more erosion has occurred since they were there? Possibly settings or a less capable detector? Just gotta be lucky enough to get ya coil over it I spose. Even though my bits were tiny today, I couldn't believe I got 3 pieces in a flogged area. New record haha. The way I look at it is, there's a lot of ground on and around the diggings. You can't possibly cover it all and neither can anyone else. Just gotta be lucky enough to find that bit of ground with yellow in it that hasn't had a coil over it.
Man its a good feeling to see that yellow in your scoop. I'm hooked haha.
Friends and family are surprised I've taken it up, I'm into extreme sports, moties, skateboarding, Bmx, snowboarding and wakeboarding. But finding the yellow is a thrill I must say. Feels as good as jumping a 60 foot double on the moty or flipping a Bmx. loving it!

Talking about rings , i took some gold to a jeweller to get a ring made a few yrs ago he wanted 400 dollars to make, i travel to china several times a yr and usually take a small amount of gold , it cost me 10 Yuan to have a ring made that amounts to 2 dollars and ppl wonder why we buy china goods lol i tried to send pic of ring but have not worked out how to reduce size lol ( am not fully computer savvy lol ) Davext

As recently discussed in another topic. Just another thing we have to pay astronomical amounts for, wait a minute, that's everything lol.
Have you any idea roughly how much gold I will need to have the misses ring made? I know it depends I. the dimensions of the ring etc but just roughly?
Ahh I just use my phone, and either crop the pic to reduce its size or use an app that reduces the quality of the image. See if there's any YouTube tutorial of how to resisze pics on your Comp. There lots of way to do it.
Cheers

Hi you will need 10/15 gram for your avarage womans ring maybe less
i i was trying to send a pic of a male ring on scales to give you an idea it was 18 gram will get it posted shortly lol if i can work out how to Davext

Latest posts