⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of Adelaide Hills bits yesterday.

1432256980_sdc_gold_small.jpg

RedDirtDigger said:
Heatho said:

Well done Heatho, keep swinging. Sorry I did not get a chance to chat much when I seen you in the field. With the inclement weather we just wanted to get out and swing every time the rain stopped. Hopefully catch up with you on a goldfield soon. cheers RDD

Cheers RDD, no worries mate, was good to meet you and put a face to the name, I'm sure we'll catch up again, was rotten weather those 2 days. Look forward to chatting over a beer sometime.

Few more tiny bits from today. Very hard won.

1432293703_20150522_211548.jpg

walshie1000 said:
Friends and family are surprised I've taken it up, I'm into extreme sports, moties, skateboarding, Bmx, snowboarding and wakeboarding. But finding the yellow is a thrill I must say. Feels as good as jumping a 60 foot double on the moty or flipping a Bmx. loving it!

Just said to my wife "hey listen to this sounds like me" she said Geez that is you!!

Takes all types I spose

Yeah pretty lucky, the bush is only 100m from my door, so plenty of ground to detect and ride. Makes it easy if you just want to go out for a couple of hours without committing a whole day.

Bloody oath mate. Wish I was that close to the bush, would make life easy if ya just wanna go out for a few hours like you said. Every time I go riding or detecting the whole day is gone.

It seems like everyone is from the rat haha. The last 2 blokes I bumped into in the bush were Ballarat soldiers as well.

Hey G0lddig@, if I ever bite the bullet on a high banker might have to hit you up for a run down ;)

Finally, Got some time off and Went out for a bit today and managed to ping my first nugget with a metal detector. Been thinking about this spot for a while and panned some pickers there in the past just needed to get out there. It was a trashy area full of wire and birdshot. I nearly gave up but to my delight unearthed this little beauty.
Pretty sure there is still plenty there just need to remember to slow my swing down a bit. After i got that one i may have got a little excited. Could have hit a golf ball 100 meters the way I was going.
1432459906_20150525_125145.jpg

1432459906_20150525_174437.jpg

Latest posts