⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like hes got a few to try there def try it out first.
I was just reading the info that came with the booster. It sais with its clear crisp tone the b&Z Booster overcomes the limitations of amplifiers by producing a clean response regardless of target size without introducing extra noise and hiss from the booster circuit.

So i suppose the claim is that it won't boost background noise as well which is a big plus. Dont know if thats just marketing spiel or not lol

G0lddigg@ said:
I was just reading the info that came with the booster. It sais with its clear crisp tone the b&Z Booster overcomes the limitations of amplifiers by producing a clean response regardless of target size without introducing extra noise and hiss from the booster circuit.

So i suppose the claim is that it won't boost background noise as well which is a big plus. Dont know if thats just marketing spiel or not lol

I don't see how it could unless it's running a noise reduction circuit also GD, I think maybe they are just claiming it's a very clean circuit and won't add it's own system noise. Just my interpretation of it though. Small amps are sometimes noisy when boosting.

I'd like to know if it is just simply boosting a signal or not, maybe it does some basic filtering or sound shaping to help reduce some noise clutter and enhance the target signal?

Heatho said:
G0lddigg@ said:

I don't see how it could unless it's running a noise reduction circuit also GD, I think maybe they are just claiming it's a very clean circuit and won't add it's own system noise. Just my interpretation of it though. Small amps are sometimes noisy when boosting.

I'd like to know if it is just simply boosting a signal or not, maybe it does some basic filtering or sound shaping to help reduce some noise clutter and enhance the target signal?
From what some techos have told me they are pretty much all based on a very basic LM386 circuit. Nothing flash in there at all & not really worth what we pay.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4485/1430545440_lm386.pdf

Great info on the boosters guys. Sounds like I should give one a try on the 45. Every little bit helps. So where can these LH-380 be purchased?

Here's my very first nugget found today at mt doran on my first outing with the 45. Rain ended my hunting early which probably wasn't a bad thing. I would probably still be out there now if it didn't haha. Found it on a mullock heap less than a foot from someone else's pick marks. Was about 3" down, maybe a touch less.
1430915658_20150506_191122-1.jpg

1430915683_20150506_191044-1.jpg

1430915712_20150506_192942-1.jpg

1430915735_20150506_192911-1.jpg

Nice find walshie, I was out a couple weeks back with a fella using a 4500 and after some minor setting adjustments my mate Dero was picking up exactly same as the 5000.
Very underrated the 4500, well done ?

RR

Thanks mate. That's great to hear. I'm still learning the 45 obviously having only been out once with it. Next time I go away I'm going to put some time in playing with settings and my test piece just to get a feel for what works and the impact each setting has.
If you don't mind me asking. What sort of settings were used in the 45?

Retirement Stone said:
Around the 20th next month for about 4 nights. I will go over there for one full day raking!

Nice haul with the 705 in another topic!
Wheres the Topic on the 705 mate ?

walshie1000 said:
Thanks mate. That's great to hear. I'm still learning the 45 obviously having only been out once with it. Next time I go away I'm going to put some time in playing with settings and my test piece just to get a feel for what works and the impact each setting has.
If you don't mind me asking. What sort of settings were used in the 45?

Walshie the machine had been set up for Inglewood which was DD coil, iron reject, and so on.. Which was way out for Avoca. Mono 14x9 coiltec was on the 45 so turn iron reject off, front settings Returned back to General, extra, Rx gain 12, with target around 10, stabilizer was around the 10-12 mark. It seemed to be set up for max depth but the machine just carried on like a swarm of mossies... I found by bringing it back a bit allowed the coil to work correctly and not react to every little change in the ground. Dero was happy as well he picked up a nice flat piece fingernail size, I will try and put up some pics,

Rudy

Awesome, sounds good mate. I'm heading out for a swing tomora so I'll play around with some settings. From my limited experience I found that having the detector set up in a stable fashion allowed me to pick up my little bit in normal. It was making some minor ground noise in normal in spots forcing me to change to enhance. I was surprised at how well enhance picked up the signal as well. Sounded much the same to normal with the same gain and stab settings.
I'll post up some pics of the massive bits of gold I find tomora haha

Hi G0Iddigg, In a gully, on the slope running into it.. The ridge was covered in quartz, I found the 5 pieces in a patch of 20 meters.
Oddly though, all the pieces were in a line heading down hill.

RR

Well done Rambling rude :)
I agree with G0lddigg@ in that they haven't travelled far. Hopefully there's a lot more there for you to find.

Cheers

Hi Oldfella,

I hope your right, I cant wait to get back out there and give a rake over.

I might see if i can get hold of an 18in mono and give a fair crack ;)

Cheers RR

Rambling rude said:
Hi Oldfella,

I hope your right, I cant wait to get back out there and give a rake over.

I might see if i can get hold of an 18in mono and give a fair crack ;)

Cheers RR
Sounds like a good spot mate if you're in the ballarat area youre welcome to borrow my 18 x 12 goldstalker

Rambling rude said:
Oddly though, all the pieces were in a line heading down hill.

RR

That is not odd at all, actually quite common, they may have originated from the same the same lump/reef further up the slope.

Thanks for that G01ddigg, I can't see myself back out for at least a couple of weeks though,
I will pm you when I get my act together.

Cheers RR

Latest posts