Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Found this collectible 25 Cent Victoria Cross Coin while I was down at the footy field today, along with a bunch of 20 cent and 10 cent coins a $1 and $2 the mower went over the whole lot and never hit any of them, chance find for me. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/3128/1493991489_vic_cross_coin_2017_-_1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1493991502_vic_cross_coin_2017.jpg
Thought you were having a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: nice one Gda :cool: :Y: that's one of those Herald Anzac coins hey? :eek:
Someone already took it out of the packet and tried to spend it :N: :eek:

B5MECH said:
golddiggerart said:
Found this collectible 25 Cent Victoria Cross Coin while I was down at the footy field today, along with a bunch of 20 cent and 10 cent coins a $1 and $2 the mower went over the whole lot and never hit any of them, chance find for me. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/3128/1493991489_vic_cross_coin_2017_-_1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1493991502_vic_cross_coin_2017.jpg
Thought you were having a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: nice one Gda :cool: :Y: that's one of those Herald Anzac coins hey? :eek:
Someone already took it out of the packet and tried to spend it :N: :eek:

Mate my will was a little shot today, I cleaned the yard which took ages and now it looks like a million dollars....I thought I am going to reward myself and so I did and lucky I did too because I came across that Anzac coin. :) :Y:

Heatho said:
An Aussie "quarter", well bugger me. Nice find mate. :Y:

I only noticed it with the coin spill because of its colour and it's size being a little bigger than the normal 20c.
When I turned it over I saw (Victoria Cross) and thought it was a medal, I then noticed the 25 and thought nope not a medal and the Obverse looking like a coin I did a search online to find out what it was. :)

Very nice finds :) mate especially the bottle and the coin is a beauty. I collected all except one and have contacted the paper to try and get one, alas without luck so far but it is a nice set and glad to donate to the ANZAC cause.
Mackka

Mackka said:
Very nice finds :) mate especially the bottle and the coin is a beauty. I collected all except one and have contacted the paper to try and get one, alas without luck so far but it is a nice set and glad to donate to the ANZAC cause.
Mackka

I can see the value of them going up in the years to come especially when you need 1 or 2 for a set, they are a beautiful collection and I am fortunate to have found one in the field. :) :Y:

My wife and I took our little daughter Aaliyah to the park for a swing, wife was pushing her on the swing and I was swinging the detector. lol
Anyway it isn't a very productive park and I have only ever found a 20c coin in the bark area, today though I found something really strange while I was swing underneath a bunch of old trees.
I got a 36 signal and knew it was either a 2c coin or a can but decided to dig it anyway, I came upon this candle looking thing which had metal inside it, picture below.

1494303122_tower.jpg

1494303137_tower_1.jpg

I ran the detector over the hole and the 36 signal was still there, the tower was ringing up as a 10, anyway I dug in the hole and a coin showed it 2c as I thought it was going to be, the tower had a dint in the top where the 2c was stuck to it.

I broke it open because I wanted to know what the metal inside it was and these fell out, picture below.

1494303285_crystals.jpg

Bazaam two Quartz Crystals woot woot, upon further inspection of the tower I saw another inside it as you can see in the picture below.

1494303348_tower_crystal.jpg

Well what can a man do now but to finish the job, I have no idea of the significance of the tower with crystals inside and also there was a magnet and piece of flat metal, one can only think it was some kind of (Spiritual - Talisman?) which I will have confirmed by a friend of mine.

All up 29 Crystals of various sizes.

1494303474_crystal.jpg

And what is left of the tower. I believe it was Resin but is now a mess that has been disposed of. :)

1494303581_broken.jpg

Well that was my little dig today and I am chuffed. :) :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Nice find.
Wondering if 29 is significant.
Remember reading how this number is supposed to be spiritual.
(Like the 29th Feb. Some people apparently worshipped that number)

Great find.

Latest posts