Young Area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnethawkins

kinda obvious wouldn't ya say?
Reaction score
Has anyone here every panned burrangong creek in young before? Its my mates birthday on Monday and he was talkin about us goin down to harden and hitting mcmahons reef, which from what he has told me isn't very rich, now i have read that young is pretty good, and its not that much further really, just wondering if anyone has some first hand info about the prospecting area there, is it worth the extra few ks or should we go with his initial plan?

As a potential new prospector I must say I have enjoyed reading/researching on this site. My question is: Has anyone had any luck detecting around Young (Lambing Flat in Gold rush days). Going up for a visit over Xmas hopefully with my new GPX4500 if you guys can convince me it's worth it?
Where to start looking, what to look for etc. cheers in advance

Not personally , but from what i see in Mr Google, it has very rich gold history. Some of our members will chip in i'm sure and help you out.
Jaros

Gidday guys, not sure if any members are close to Young, but I am going to be down there for a few days in the next month or so, not exactly sure when. Anyone been down there for a swing or a look? I will be staying at a mates while I'm there, and if anyone would like to spend a day or so having a look for some yellow with me while I'm there, that would be great...I will do a lot of research in the next few weeks on the area. I have an SD2000 detector, and I'm not 100% certain its working right. I am right on the beach at Warilla and the conditions are way to salty when I took it to the beach. Mate can most likely get me on a few propertie's, he reckons. Pan will be coming with me too...good luck everyone with the searching!

Latest posts