Whites TDI SL information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Jeff Foster wrote the The MXT Edge; and was wondering if someone has done something similar for the TDI-SL?

I've just collated Reg's posts on the GoldTrek site. He has suggested that it's OK to copy that material.

I've put it into a 17 page Word doc. and should anyone like it I'll email it to you.

Sorry to hear about your dog Reg, never easy when a pet (family member) gets sick & passes away, We went through that just before new years last year with my brothers cat. Still makes me sad thinking about the big fella.
Take care mate.

The SL is struggling on highly mineralized ground. However, I think the 12" (dual field) Spider coil may be the issue.

It's appreciated the MJs and RBs are highly touted for this unit but I was also reading some comments on the Coiltek & NF units.

Some advice please.

When I used the SL some time ago I was really dissapointed in it. That was until I strapped on a Minelab 11" mono. Made the unit more stable, ground balance was easier and target signals far sharper.

I would think that most mono coils would provide a similar level of improvement over the stock coil.

this mob make coils specifically for the whites tdi.
razorbackcoils.webs.com/apps/webstore/products

Thanks for that.

I've chatted to Brian a couple of times about them not to mention numerous discussions with LukeOzDigger also. But I'm up for a new phone so it'll have to wait a bit.

SunriseBoy said:
The SL is struggling on highly mineralized ground. However, I think the 12" (dual field) Spider coil may be the issue.
It's appreciated the MJs and RBs are highly touted for this unit but I was also reading some comments on the Coiltek & NF units.
Some advice please.

SunriseBoy said:
Yes, I'm eyeing off a RB 7x11. But it has to wait. The pension only stretches so far.

If you're prepared to pay the postage both ways SB, I've got a couple of small monos that I'd be happy to lend you, so you can trial them both on your own detector, in your own area/s and time:

NuggetFinder 12 x 7 (aka The Bill Payer). Highly praised by many for its sensitivity and useability -
1447199947_gpx_12x7_nugget_finder_mono.jpg

Nugget Tech 8 x 5. A rank outsider - nobody seems to know much if anything about this now-extinct brand. It's a handy size for the TDI, though -
1447199966_gpx_8x5_nugget_tech_mono.jpg

I'm not looking to sell these two at present, so this is 100% no obligation - keep your money in your pocket, try'em out, then send them back and let us all know how you went. What do you reckon? :)

I'm not sure why Whites released the TDI SL here in Oz with the dual field coil, though the package does include the 5.3 small mono coil. The TDI Pro Oz has a single field mono, as the dual field wasn't considered the best performer on Oz mineralised ground, so you have to wonder why the dual field is included on the SL??

Even the SPP comes with a single field 12". :|

Goldpick said:
I'm not sure why Whites released the TDI SL here in Oz with the dual field coil, though the package does include the 5.3 small mono coil. The TDI Pro Oz has a single field mono, as the dual field wasn't considered the best performer on Oz mineralised ground, so you have to wonder why the dual field is included on the SL??

They didn't release it here as such - it was a special order at GSA until recently. Looks like they've now started stocking some. Most people like SB have purchased them direct from the US.
The SPP comes with the single field mono because it was aimed for here as an outlet to get rid of excess African stock. Apparently the "GMT Super Pulse" wasn't a super seller in the African market so it was rebadged for us.

mbasko said:
Goldpick said:

They didn't release it here as such - it was a special order at GSA until recently. Looks like they've now started stocking some. Most people like SB have purchased them direct from the US.
The SPP comes with the single field mono because it was aimed for here as an outlet to get rid of excess African stock. Apparently the "GMT Super Pulse" wasn't a super seller in the African market so it was rebadged for us.

On the money, as usual M.

Latest posts