Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much of Woomera can be driven through (you go through it when you drive to Coober Pedy) and four wheel drivers can get a permit through the Maralinga section (atom bomb sites) where small fenced off areas tell you not to enter past the fence. However there is no compelling reason why it need go there,

"There are now stone monuments at the ground-zero points, which can be visited by tourists (with the written approval of the RAAF Woomera Test Range who now control access to the area), though the location is still extremely remote (see Anne Beadell Highway). Evidence of the explosions may still be seen at ground-zero in the form of vitrified sand and concentric blast rings"

They will have time to argue about it - it will be 33 years before the first of the used sub fuel must be disposed of. I think each sub uses around 200 kg of uranium over that time, varying with the level of enrichment (miniscule in total compared with one nuclear reactor, which uses about 800 tonnes over the same time period ), I suspect we will have other nuclear reactors by then. We already have one - Lucas Heights - that uses about 25 tonnes per year, or 825 tonnes over the same time period. Its waste does not vaporize conveniently, it and its products are temporarily stored in around 100 sites around Australia because no one will bite the bullet and make a decision on a site. So it is not a case of the subs creating a new disposal problem, they add a trivial amount to our existing reactor waste. Storing them in lots of places as we do is risky - storing at a single site in a remote part of any desert state carries negligible risk. Even our past waste is returned to us by the UK. Nuclear waste dumps only need to be tiny.

We need sensible discussion of the engineering and science - so much media hype is driven by ignorance, and it is a bit beyond the realm of politicians to be expected to understand - most have no basic science background.

As for WA saying "no way", guess which was the other state where we did atom bomb testing?

View attachment 8529
Yes, every one is scared of the nuclear bogie man despite facts often not justifying the fear. How many people died in the Fukashima disaster for instance ? Most would think thousands but the truth is not so. Here there is already much opposition to a purpose built nuclear waste dump in regional South Australia for supposed saftey reasons even though the waste is currently stored near our cbd. No ones panicking about that though.

Yes, every one is scared of the nuclear bogie man despite facts often not justifying the fear. How many people died in the Fukashima disaster for instance ? Most would think thousands but the truth is not so. Here there is already much opposition to a purpose built nuclear waste dump in regional South Australia for supposed saftey reasons even though the waste is currently stored near our cbd. No ones panicking about that though.
My point exactly - the Lucas Heights reactor is 3 km from Woolworths in the Engadine shopping centre, perhaps 30 km from the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

One person did die at Fukishima - well, months later from lung cancer that might have been related to his exposure. More people died from Victorian bushfires in recent decades than probably died at Chernobyl. Sensible not hysterical discussion is needed.

No one wants to post here after Makkas post above lol. But I am going to have a whinge anyway. After my wife recently underwent emergency surgery and was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer we appied to centerlink for any assistance as with three young children my ability to work 40 hour weeks has been curtailed. Anyway heres my whinges. 1 I had to take my wife on a very uncomfortable journey to their office yesterday because the stupid onine system they constantly encourage you to use didnt work properly for either of us. This was for a simple identity check so we can prove we are who we are on a video call. 2 They appear to be Indians which isnt a problem in itself as they were polite and kind. But for my wife the broken audio and the strong accent made it impossible for her to understand as English not her first language that is usually not a problem and my screen was just blank with some one on the other end who couldnt hear me. Also if this call center is infact in India does anyone see the irony, waste and stupidity of a public funded job seeker agency farming out jobs and money to an overseas call center ?

Last edited:
With anything to do with Centrelink, Best to go in... And deal face to face... Refuse to use their faulty 'on line system'.... My sister found them very rude and condescending when she went in with her husband who was Dying from MND... Both were in tears and this B$%ch Yelled 'You don't have to cry".... :mad:

Best of Luck Goldfreak... I feel for You two...😢

LW....

With anything to do with Centrelink, Best to go in... And deal face to face... Refuse to use their faulty 'on line system'.... My sister found them very rude and condescending when she went in with her husband who was Dying from MND... Both were in tears and this B$%ch Yelled 'You don't have to cry".... :mad:

LW....
Thanks Lone wolf. At least the Indians were polite. We had an Australian woman yesterday who seemed to think my wife was faking it. God help the elderly couple with the disabled adult son next to us being told to go back online. Its messed up. Sorry to hear about your brother inlaw.

LW....
I hope they took the matter further, and not just a formal complaint. May I pm you?

3 scams in 4 days...all reported to scamwatch. - and for a bit of fun I also phoned them { the scammers}....and after wasting their time for as long as I could I discussed { in V E R Y graphic detail} the various acts I had been performing on their mothers/wives/daughters. I also made a few educated guesses about certain physical characteristics they had/hadn't, these being the reason their wives preferred me. To say that this elicited a highly charged emotional response is an understatement.

Attachments

• image_2023-04-21_123811155.png
    image_2023-04-21_123811155.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 0
  • scam 2.png
    scam 2.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image_2023-04-21_124252007.png
    image_2023-04-21_124252007.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Why is that many Dr Surgeries are full of Overseas Drs. I had my last 2 telehealth appts via separate Drs. but had to ask them to repeat themselves many times over. These Drs were 2hrs late on their appts and made me feel like shit!!!!!!!!
I ended up with my scripts which I had missed out on the previous call to MY GP. and only received 1 repeat per script.
Sad Isn't it.
Jack

move to bundaberg jaros,
there is no problem with non english speaking doctors as there are buggerall doctors here

i have last week found a doctor taking new patients ,it was march last year that i last saw a gp( they had a locum at the surgery for repeat scrips only )
my old surgery still has one doctor only ( and no locum for repeat scrips) and the other surgery they own has only two doctors
when i first started going to that surgery they had 8 doctors
welcome to queenslands regional health

I hear all of you guys in regards to ethnic doctors, after living in Esperance for 20 odd years i was diagnosed after attending a doctors very large practice with really severe lower stomach pain that i was having a bout of gastro by a Ethnic doctor who was notorious for bad diagnosis, ( mates prostate cancer as one) I was given a script for a tablet i was assured would ease the pain and let the problem go away, by midight of that night i was in agony, my wife took me to the local hospital and i was looked at by a young female doctor who then got a radioligist in at 0630 in the following morning and i had a CT scan and was then told i had accute Appendicitus and it appeared my appendics were possible burst, as Esperance had no Surgeon i was flown to Perth Via the Flying Doctors to Fiona Stanley and was Operated on that morning, after coming out of anesthetic i was kept in for 7 days on a abdomen drain and major antibiotics, when returning to Esperance my wife the Dragon went to the surgery and confronted this Quack in front of a crowded reception area about it, i was lucky i was told by the surgeon at Fiona i was luck to survive it as my stomach wall had the beginings of gangreen, sadley when we left Esperance at the begining of last year mainly because of the poor and often availability of medical help we shifted to Geraldton where we have both been able to get into a decent surgery and had very good service from Australian Doctors.
It is a sorry state of affairs that as we get older in WA the medical services are Inundated with Overseas Gps, any ways thats my bitch for the day its 0600 time for my daily pils and first Coffee.

We enjoyed a long/hilarious phonecall yesterday with first a foriegn woman (English name) insisting a withdrawal of $800 had been made from my account and on insistence we were transferred to another foreigner male (English name) who said he could help recover the money. My partner broke down a cried (false like them) and wailed we would go to our local bank. He insisted the bank wouldn't be able to help only he could do it? 😂🤣 Meanwhile back ground chatter could be heard with others being scammed. How do these pieces of 💩 sleep at night? These scams could be a joke if they weren't so serious, millions of $$'s scammed annually. Usually it is a scam Amazon, Paypal call so at least it was a different laugh.

Last edited:
Overseas Dr's have to spend 2yrs in a 'rural' area before they can practice in the big Smoke... Thats why there are so many blow-in Dr's around.....
Some are great, and some are not so great..

@Nightjar, I got 2 calls yesterday alone and 1 I think was an Aussie, she sounded so real i called my Bank after...... Close to every week im getting at least 2... about Time this selling of Our info has to be stopped...

LW...

We enjoyed a long/hilarious phonecall yesterday with first a foriegn woman (English name) insisting a withdrawal of $800 had been made from my account and on insistence we were transferred to another foreigner male (English name) who said he could help recover the money. My partner broke down a cried (false like them) and wailed we would go to our local bank. He insisted the bank wouldn't be able to help only he could do it? 😂🤣 Meanwhile back ground chatter could be heard with others being scammed. How do these pieces of 💩 sleep at night? These scams could be a joke if they weren't so serious, millions of $$'s scammed annually. Usually it is a scam Amazon, Paypal call so at least it was a different laugh.
It's a different side of humanity..............................................aLL downhill....

Why is that many Dr Surgeries are full of Overseas Drs. I had my last 2 telehealth appts via separate Drs. but had to ask them to repeat themselves many times over. These Drs were 2hrs late on their appts and made me feel like shit!!!!!!!!
I ended up with my scripts which I had missed out on the previous call to MY GP. and only received 1 repeat per script.
Sad Isn't it.
Jack
I usually tell them to put whatever the full number of repeats in { often 5}. Ive had one say that they'd like to keep a eye on me... to which I replied that if that was the case they should have been on time, and that I'd have a better idea of anything going wrong than him taking a look at me and then asking.

Latest posts