Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great words BigL. I read the other day about the amount of money being wasted in poker machines in NSW and I could not believe that clubs were get $100's of Millions rolling through. The way as the RB is doing it is like the " Recession we have to have". Not nice but it pulled the country back.

Mod Edit:
No specific politicians or parties in comments please.

Last edited by a moderator:
"analysis of big four bank 2022 half-year results, has found that they had a combined cash profit after tax of $14.4 billion. That's up $700 million from the 2021 half-year results, or an increase of 5.1 per cent".
My CBA mortgage interest charged has gone up nearly 100% (double) since rates started to climb, that will reflect in revenue for CBA variable housing loans. It won’t reflect until Q3 2023 year on year. Mark my words!

I’m no politician but I certainly know how to read a balance sheet. The only thing I’d ever use a banks balance sheet for is to wipe my backside, toilet paper has more integrity, used toilet paper too for that matter.

Anyone who places the upmost integrity in a banks balance sheet had better ensure that bank came out squeaky clean in the recent royal commission 💡

Last edited:
For those with a quid, start looking at Mortgagee in possession sales, there will be heaps and good prices. Yes i know it’s not a good topic , but , people that don’t do their due diligence and predict increase rises and importantly, do something to remedy it , are going to lose out. When Keating said pull ya belts in , we did. Cut back our spending, stopped going out every week, bought a bottle of wine not a case, turnedthe lights off, used laudramats which saved money etc. I am not from the “I want it now” era, thank God. The kids of today have been mollycoddled and they are as soft as butter in Cue. Suck it up, get on with it and FFS grow up! Rant over

Must have been in the freezer for a decade if you bought it from Woolies for $11-12?????
Went into our store on Monday to get some cashews, a pack had jumped from $10 to $18. Aldis was the next port of call.
NJ, Bought these today at Woolies. Had some for dinner tonight, rest straight in the freezer for Ron. Also some double cream, brie cheese, snags and extra fruity hot cross buns ($5 down to 90 cents).
They usually discount before the weekly catalogue comes out. we usually go straight to the spot where they put their clearance stock and then do our normal shop.
0F664C91-1C54-4715-AEAB-CD898B0BB326.jpeg

A very interesting read Dave and no different in some white communities whereby whole generations are getting handouts with no intentions of getting a job. Sad really. Thanks for posting. Mackka
An interesting analogy. For a few years now, i have thought that lack of purpose is at the core, of many of the problems in indigenous communities. The causes we can speculate about, but the solution is a very complex challenge. As in the fish story simply removing the free handouts is also very destructive and the source/bank of knowledge is a challenge to regenerate. So many of the initiatives are targeted at damage control, but so much more needs to be directed at rebuilding the communities in the modern world, albeit from within.

For those with a quid, start looking at Mortgagee in possession sales, there will be heaps and good prices. Yes i know it’s not a good topic , but , people that don’t do their due diligence and predict increase rises and importantly, do something to remedy it , are going to lose out. When Keating said pull ya belts in , we did. Cut back our spending, stopped going out every week, bought a bottle of wine not a case, turnedthe lights off, used laudramats which saved money etc. I am not from the “I want it now” era, thank God. The kids of today have been mollycoddled and they are as soft as butter in Cue. Suck it up, get on with it and FFS grow up! Rant over
Who's an expert calculating mortgage payments?
How much extra would mortgagee pay on average loan today if the interest rate rose to the 17% it was back in 80's?

People don't need to live in new and expensive houses. The amount of money wasted on this sort of expenditure leaves them with no money for the important things in life.
Funnily enough MB was going to post that many are in the predicament they now find themselves thru their own doing. Perhaps if they purchased what they could afford rather than what they want their situation would be much better? But hey you have to impress the neighbours, even if non of what your trying to impress with is owned. :confused:

We bought or built what we could afford. Not a Four bedroom home with a theatre room. We lived in a cheap area well away from the city and services. We didn’t necessarily have sewage, made roads or footpaths. Some of us were able to live onsite on a caravan. Houses were incomplete without carpeting, painting, driveways etc and other appliances. They were things we would do later when we had some money. We just needed to move in with a roof and four walls. We were happy with that.
Apparently that is not acceptable these days due to regulation and expectations.

What strikes me as you drive around the new estates, massive houses without any eaves so the house takes up the whole block, not even room for a shed out the back.
So all their toys are stored in the double garage and their two cars sitting out in the open on the driveway OR parked in the street. $150K rusting away or stolen?
As Dignit has mentioned their own doing?

As a young bloke in the early 80’s i bought our first home for $30,000 . Three bed , lounge, kitchen/ dining, toilet inside, yes, and laundry with two car garage on 800 sq.m. 17% and wife snd I had two jobs each 7 days a week. I know what work ethic is and I am proud of what we have both achieved. Suck it up kids and stop wanting everything today and learn to cook, you will be amazed how much money you can save and pay off the mortgage.

Latest posts