Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a young bloke in the early 80’s i bought our first home for $30,000 . Three bed , lounge, kitchen/ dining, toilet inside, yes, and laundry with two car garage on 800 sq.m. 17% and wife snd I had two jobs each 7 days a week. I know what work ethic is and I am proud of what we have both achieved. Suck it up kids and stop wanting everything today and learn to cook, you will be amazed how much money you can save and pay off the mortgage.
Funny about that Mackka, I asked my son what his wife cooked and the answer was. She doesn't cook we go to the pub 🤣🤣

not only the Australian identity is being lost but also respect & pride has all bar gone.
The crime of late in Australia is out of control. If it were me, I'd implement the Singapore way of dealing with the crap side of society.

I tell you how idiotic this place has become. Why on earth would you try and recover a economy by providing an industry with near 100% increase in revenue... namely the banks, particularly after they defrauded the public of funds via loan, insurance and super scams.

They say the way to recover an escalating CPI is to halt the spending. Well ok, why not increase GST and hit those who are actually doing the spending?? That way its not hitting those who already cant afford to spend. Eliminate the likelihood of people losing their homes!!! At least do a 50/50 increase split with home loan rates and GST

But nope, AGAIN the rich are getting fat along with banks and the crooks.
Crime pays in this country
Yes lets hurt the ones who cant afford the food, Fuel, Insurance , And just basic every day expenses... Like the Pensioners... My rent is going up $90pw... Was expecting far worse. Now My Sister has to subdsise My rent so We can stay with a roof over our head and afford to EAT... ... But We are staying on for another 12 months as We have no bloody choice, then we are out.... Do YOU realise that that only leaves around 200pw for Food, Fuel, Medications and such?.....

What needs to be done is a large increase in Pensions, like $100pw..... During Covid We got SFA.... While Others on Welfare got Double payments.. Where is the sense in that ?.... Guess they want People like Pensioners to just starve to Death... At least then they don't have to pay us.... I cant do any paid work unless its Cash as being a Carer , IM not allowed to do much... Other Pensioners Can earn up to an extra $12000... But not the Carers or Disabled....

So please think about the "Forgotten Souls" before you make some Sections of your post sound Down right cruel....

LW...

In 1974 I wrote a program for house loans calculation on a HP programable calculator which I used for my house as well as family and workmates. When PC were released I converted it to Basic Language. What we found that most of the early years very little was paid of the principle. If you find out how much of your repayment per week is paying of you principle (remember it is a low number) and double it you will reduce your years of repayment by nearly one year per year. As the years go on the paid principle will raise and so will your wages/salaries enabling you to get way in front reducing your loan period and saving heaps of cash. The people that used this method thanked me heaps.

Whinge time....face book post by my mate, showing hos house and land flooding.
I commented time to blow up your dingy....result, banned for inciting violence, against community standards....this is what we have to look forward to, artificial intelligence, that just recognises phrases or words, no context. In this case, blow up meant inflate.

We bought or built what we could afford. Not a Four bedroom home with a theatre room. We lived in a cheap area well away from the city and services. We didn’t necessarily have sewage, made roads or footpaths. Some of us were able to live onsite on a caravan. Houses were incomplete without carpeting, painting, driveways etc and other appliances. They were things we would do later when we had some money. We just needed to move in with a roof and four walls. We were happy with that.
Apparently that is not acceptable these days due to regulation and expectations.
Mate still living like that and loving it

Whinge time....face book post by my mate, showing hos house and land flooding.
I commented time to blow up your dingy....result, banned for inciting violence, against community standards....this is what we have to look forward to, artificial intelligence, that just recognises phrases or words, no context. In this case, blow up meant inflate.
Artificial Intelligence is unintelligent. Check out this example that I encountered on a website (good luck spotting any bicycles!):

Bicycles.jpg

People don't need to live in new and expensive houses. The amount of money wasted on this sort of expenditure leaves them with no money for the important things in life.
Problem with that Moneybox is that there are no old houses left where People .... Me I love living in Old Houses..... They are the ones with True character....

Of course times have changed but when I was 18 months old my parents built a new house from old army huts. It was high set on posts that Dad cut and shaped with the broad axe and adze. The roof, kitchen and dining area was asbestos with weather board outer walls and caneite lining the bedrooms. Nothing was painted and the playroom and sewing room never got a ceiling or inside lining. We could climb up into the rafters avoiding the sticks of gelignite hidden out of the way above the eves. The kitchen and dining room had lino floor covering but the rest of the house was just bare wood.

They didn't get to borrow money so didn't have a mortgage which was just as well raising seven kids on a small farm but we were happy there not knowing or expecting anything different.

My first house was a neat three bedroom place opposite a park in a cheap suburb of Perth. I sold my car for the $8,000 deposit and borrowed $20,000 on a personal loan at 6%. During that period home loans hit 17% and I was sitting comfortably on a fixed interest rate.

I can only imagine the stress a half million dollar loan must put on a growing family.

As a young bloke in the early 80’s i bought our first home for $30,000 . Three bed , lounge, kitchen/ dining, toilet inside, yes, and laundry with two car garage on 800 sq.m. 17% and wife snd I had two jobs each 7 days a week. I know what work ethic is and I am proud of what we have both achieved. Suck it up kids and stop wanting everything today and learn to cook, you will be amazed how much money you can save and pay off the mortgage.

Back then your home would have cost around 5 - 6 times average income.
This year the average Sydney home is 29.5 times average income.

How did that become such a stinking mess ?

Is it the degree of rape by engineered consumerism ?

We purchased our first house through Hitter Homes Estate at Milperra in 1966. It was a brick veneer 3 bedroom, it cost $11,872.00. Repayments were $44.00 a month and it was hard to meet those payments every month, we felt like we were never going to get it paided for. We slept on a mattress on the floor, purchased second hand TV, washing machine and radiogram, borrowed 2 arm chairs, my father made us a table and we found 4 old chairs. The toilet was outside and was "Dan the dunny man" system and the sink, bath and shower emptied out into the street and eventually ended up in the Georges River. Our best move was to move to the country a few years later, sold the house in Sydney and that set us up, any loans after that were always small and easily repaid. Had a Maroon Morris 1100S and life was good.

Last edited:
Funny about that Mackka, I asked my son what his wife cooked and the answer was. She doesn't cook we go to the pub 🤣🤣
i know what you mean diginit at least at the pub you might get a decent meal
not like the missus nephew ,his wife can not cook and their whole life has been takeaways ,macckas one night ,fish and chips the next pies ,kentucky ,red rooster or whatever fast food the could find
the problem is their 3 kids ,all the medical conditions brought on by eating shit all their lives ,(oldest 17 youngest 14) they are forever up at the hospital or at the doctors ,i just fell sorry for the kids as they had no choice in the matter, and now not much of a life health wise either

i know what you mean diginit at least at the pub you might get a decent meal
not like the missus nephew ,his wife can not cook and their whole life has been takeaways ,macckas one night ,fish and chips the next pies ,kentucky ,red rooster or whatever fast food the could find
the problem is their 3 kids ,all the medical conditions brought on by eating shit all their lives ,(oldest 17 youngest 14) they are forever up at the hospital or at the doctors ,i just fell sorry for the kids as they had no choice in the matter, and now not much of a life health wise either
pretty sad that parents could be that lazy or that blind .

You only have to compare the stats for childhood cancer between now and 40 years ago , that should set off alarm bells in anyone.

i am not quite sure what you would call it Eng888(lazy, stupidity, idiocy pick one)
but she never done a thing for her self when growing up she had maids that done everything for her
i think her husband got sick of them both cooking and throwing out food that was un edible so they hit the takeaways

Latest posts