What's your favourite drink?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was gunna have a drink, It'd be Kahlua straight,... or maybe milk with bundy,... I have been known to drink black bottle brandy in the past,...last drink was bowlers run chardonay though,... and Toheys new goes down well if it's cold and your hot. :D

My Fond memory of my Father. :D
We had a bit of a reputation for brewing our own. :eek:
One day I bought home some actual clay jugs and asked Dad what we could brew in them. 8)
Blackberry nip was the weapon of choice so we went out and picked black berries for a few days and dealt with them.
Lovingly cooked with the good stuff then strained through muslin then bottled up. :D
After they had sat under the house for six months we decided to try one.
Bit dry, Bit sweet but not too bad and it was then decided to leave them for another 12 months. Mind you, These jugs were corked,
wax sealed and turned every month very care fully.
The big day arrived after we left them for 2 years. :eek:
Bit upset after sitting there drinking a few cup fulls as we found them a bit too sweet for our taste's but the flavor was awesome. ;)
Then we walked outside. :eek: :eek:
Bloody Nora. :8
It took me a few day's to actually get back into the swing of things. :lol:
Dad was, well, a bit mellow for about the same time and we carefully disposed of the rest of them. :D
My favorite poison, wild Turkey on the rocks and even to this day, I still turn purple at the thought of black berry nip. :lol:

rocket65458 said:
Come from the home of Bundy Rum and Bundy brewed drinks but will drink just about anything except VB. I may have a problem.
Do you mean you may have a problem because you will drink almost anything or because you won't drink VB? :lol:

Discovered Captain Morgan about a month ago, not too bad. Like a xxxx Summer now and then but rarely drink these days. I made a pig of myself in my younger days. :8

rocket65458 said:
Come from the home of Bundy Rum and Bundy brewed drinks but will drink just about anything except VB. I may have a problem.

likewise mate. VB is short for venereal buttjuice gross

Water mostly, a Bundaberg Ginger beer on occasion if I'm in party mode lol... But I make a mean Supershake! Skim milk, brown rice protein, supergreens powder, beetroot powder, cacao powder, macca powder, 2 bananas, and a vanilla bean chia pod... Semi freeze, then drink it on the train on the way home from work :)

Bundy Rum, has to be nice & cold though, but I hardly drink alcohol theses days & only like a drink when the weather is warm, just don't feel like alcohol in cold weather. Other that that its coffee, I drink to much of it though.

goldtruck59 said:
DrDuck said:
T.J., Blackberry nip was very popular back in the early 70's when we first started to experiment with whatever cheap grog we could get.

don't forget the brandevino duck. !!! the old stones green was also a cheap get shheesh just shuddered thinking about it

How could you forget brandivino - it came in flagons!

Also remember experiments with Royal Crown Port, which was only 90c a bottle.

Other things were Cold Duck (a pink sparkler), Mateus Rose (very popular back then, but as now basically undrinkable), and passion pop, which you can still get, and which is very popular among the Islanders, according to the Liquor Shop guy in Dulwich Hill about 20 years ago.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai_6piPg0Qc[/video]

Yes, Many a long night out and about with those beverages.
The Sheila's all had passion pop and struth it was terrible stuff. :p
I stick to either Carlton Draught or Wild Turkey now. :D :D

Dear Dr Duck seems I am now going to need from you a referral to a good Psych for extended therapy , the mention of the "B" word by GT which has long been banished to my subconscious was bad enough , but to add the old commercial was bordering on gross irresponsibility with no regard to the ramifications it may have on a teenager of the 70's. Of course it was also known by another name which is too crass to mention here but we might bring that one up in Australian History thread at another time ;)

Cheers ( I think )

Mostly a rum person myself, scotch on occasions and the current fav drink is lemonade, fresh lime juice, a few dashes of bitters and a shot of good tequila. :D

Latest posts