What's your favourite drink?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I splashed out on some alcohol today and think this latest discovery will be my favourite for a long time to come.

It's Somersby's Blackberry Cider.

Just the right amount of sweetness for me and not sickly at all like some of the other stuff you can buy. Too mor-ish. I'm happy I got a four-pack. :D

What's your favourite choice of liquid? Alcoholic or not.

Dissclaimer - please consume alcohol responsibly :D

Mmmm Jack Daniels is an old favourite and Coopers Sparkling Ale, which reminds me, gotta go get some beer. :D

Blackberry Cider sounds very nice.

Loving Jim Beam Devil's Cut atm... Very smooth! :cool:

1446356282_jim-beam-01.jpg

Coopers Pale for me , wife loves the blackberry cider , in the depths of winter can't beat a coopers stout porter gaff :D

In terms of quantity, I mainly drink red wine. These days generally only good ones, with a preference for Cabernet's over Shiraz. A while ago I was putting away a bottle a day, which is no good for you in the long run. However, I never played up or got difficult. I'm much more moderate these days, but do like a drop around the campfire with friends, particularly prospecting ones.

When it comes to spirits, in winter I like rum, with my go to drop being Inner Circle green dot (57%) which needs to be treated with respect. I amused a few forum members at Tuena once by drinking a couple of beers, a bottle of red, and then moving on to Inner Circle and soda. Trouble is, pouring in the dark can be a bit hard to judge, and the last three or four rums were more rum than soda.

All was well until I decided to get up out of the chair, when I discovered I had a bad case of the old wobbly boot. I did everything other than fall over, and witnesses say I took a very circuitous route back to my swag. I was slow to get going the next day. I have since left the rum at home when going to prospecting meet ups.

For special occasions there are plenty of fine rums, with my favourite being Ron Zacapa Centenario XO from Guatemala.

In summer, I like a gin and lemon, with the current fave being Blackwoods vintage.

goldtruck59 said:
6 ICE COLD BOAGS PREMIUM THEN 2 ICE COLD BUNDY AND COKE THEN BED :)
Just then or everyday goldtruck? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coopers sparkling or Peroni for me day to day when i'm drinking (not often). Gin and tonic in summer and a Glenmorangie on ice during winter.

SCROUNGER said:
goldtruck59 said:
Coopers sparkling or Peroni for me day to day when i'm drinking (not often). Gin and tonic in summer and a Glenmorangie on ice during winter.
Nice drop the Glenmorangie.

Chewy said:
SCROUNGER said:
goldtruck59 said:
Nice drop the Glenmorangie.
Nectar of the gods Chew. And the Gin's gotta be Bombay Sapphire, double yum :lol:

Latest posts