What's your favourite drink?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christos57 said:
My Favourite is a dash of ice cold water with a lot of Makers Mark, but does any one remember Stones Green Ginger wine? wish I didnt
Sure do Christos, only talking about it the other day with a couple of fishing mates. It used to be our staple 'take with us' drink when we were winter trout fishing down in Vic or at the snowies. Really used to warm you up after we'd been standing in the water fishing for hours on end. :lol: :lol: It's about to get a new lease of life on the market i believe, stay tuned for the marketing!!!

Sorry fellas but I have the best avatar on PA ;) and Gentleman Jack is pretty tasty.Water a close 2nd, it helps me recover.

I love rum, my favorite is Havana club, also love coffee and coke.

As for beer, as a NSWelshmean, residing in the NT for the last 15 years, I only drink XXXX Gold, every XXXX I drink, is one less a rotten Qlder gets!

davent said:

As for beer, as a NSWelshmean, residing in the NT for the last 15 years, I only drink XXXX Gold, every XXXX I drink, is one less a rotten Qlder gets!

Did you know that the XXXX Brewery in Milton Brisbane is Heritage Listed!!!!
Jaros
ps :eek: - I did prefer VB but now only Coopers Ultra Light.

DrDuck said:
In terms of quantity, I mainly drink red wine. These days generally only good ones, with a preference for Cabernet's over Shiraz. A while ago I was putting away a bottle a day, which is no good for you in the long run. However, I never played up or got difficult. I'm much more moderate these days, but do like a drop around the campfire with friends, particularly prospecting ones.

When it comes to spirits, in winter I like rum, with my go to drop being Inner Circle green dot (57%) which needs to be treated with respect. I amused a few forum members at Tuena once by drinking a couple of beers, a bottle of red, and then moving on to Inner Circle and soda. Trouble is, pouring in the dark can be a bit hard to judge, and the last three or four rums were more rum than soda.

All was well until I decided to get up out of the chair, when I discovered I had a bad case of the old wobbly boot. I did everything other than fall over, and witnesses say I took a very circuitous route back to my swag. I was slow to get going the next day. I have since left the rum at home when going to prospecting meet ups.

For special occasions there are plenty of fine rums, with my favourite being Ron Zacapa Centenario XO from Guatemala.

In summer, I like a gin and lemon, with the current fave being Blackwoods vintage.

Inner Circle..... that's some volatile rum that stuff is, tried it 30 years ago and will never forget it!, run the car on that! :)

Tathradj said:
My Fond memory of my Father. :D
We had a bit of a reputation for brewing our own. :eek:
One day I bought home some actual clay jugs and asked Dad what we could brew in them. 8)
Blackberry nip was the weapon of choice so we went out and picked black berries for a few days and dealt with them.
Lovingly cooked with the good stuff then strained through muslin then bottled up. :D
After they had sat under the house for six months we decided to try one.
Bit dry, Bit sweet but not too bad and it was then decided to leave them for another 12 months. Mind you, These jugs were corked,
wax sealed and turned every month very care fully.
The big day arrived after we left them for 2 years. :eek:
Bit upset after sitting there drinking a few cup fulls as we found them a bit too sweet for our taste's but the flavor was awesome. ;)
Then we walked outside. :eek: :eek:
Bloody Nora. :8
It took me a few day's to actually get back into the swing of things. :lol:
Dad was, well, a bit mellow for about the same time and we carefully disposed of the rest of them. :D
My favorite poison, wild Turkey on the rocks and even to this day, I still turn purple at the thought of black berry nip. :lol:

G'day mate

His father was a prospector?
I would like to know more about it
My father died four years ago :(

I put down a home brewed rose and rhubarb almost champagne style brew every year a few months before xmas. It's been handed down from my great grandparents who settled the forests of Gippsland. Great drink on xmas day and brings back memories of loved ones.

Never far from an Ice Break. (Ned was known for his armour like I'm known for my ice break)
If I'm having a quiet one on the lights I go the cascade. I like the fat yaks in winter and barefoot radlers in the summer over a meal with mates if I choose a heavy.
If it's a celebration I take on the ciders.
Hennessey to mark an occasion.
Take a glass of rose or Moscato when in finer company.
Not bad for an almost non drinker!

Jaros said:
davent said:

Did you know that the XXXX Brewery in Milton Brisbane is Heritage Listed!!!!
Jaros
ps :eek: - I did prefer VB but now only Coopers Ultra Light.

Yep, I knew the brewery is heritage listed, and so it should be!

Sacred ground!

Gentleman Jack and coke on the rocks.
A good apple cider that's got Oz apples in it
And a nice glass of shiraz, followed by my home made crab apple vodka. :D

isolation said:
Water mostly, a Bundaberg Ginger beer on occasion if I'm in party mode lol... But I make a mean Supershake! Skim milk, brown rice protein, supergreens powder, beetroot powder, cacao powder, macca powder, 2 bananas, and a vanilla bean chia pod... Semi freeze, then drink it on the train on the way home from work :)

Can't imagine what that tastes like, Isolation. I tried macca once, and to me it tastes like arse. Maybe with all that other stuff it is OK!

Can't go wrong with CC and dry with a slice of lime in a glass of ice during the summer months, very refreshing.
Or XXXX Gold, yep I'm a Qld'er.

Not much of a drinker these days. Last time I took a mate camping he made us something with raspberry vodka. The problem with these drinks is they are too easy to drink too many of. Safe to say I was a mess :/

My uncle makes a mean coffee. If your reading this 2 and 2 don't forget it haha.

Latest posts