What Made You Smile Today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a Aussie movie called Never too old, bloody crack up in parts Jack Thompson , Jackie weaver , Dennis Waterman , Ex special forces vets now in a nursing home. Great Movie quite funny.

Well we've all complained about slow drivers at one time or another, I just might be the club house leader. Kate tells me every time she's with me and I get annoyed and start venting, They can't hear you so just relax :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: Today I was surprised to say the least, and very grateful. Driving home in the truck on the Hume south bound nearing the Seymour on ramp I noticed 5 or so cars entering slower than the 110kph limit below 100kph my upper limit. My truck will only do 99kph on the flat loaded or empty so I move to the right hand lane. Now I'm in the rhl cars start cueing up behind me as I pass the slower vehicles entering, now the slower vehicles build up speed to 99kph :rolleyes: and the car behind me is literally 1ft off my rear :mad: in the slow group clogging the lhl is an old bloke who is if not nearing 100 years of age he's not far off it. The old bloke was the only one to show courtesy by slowing down and making room for me to return to the lhl. His presence of mind was sharp as a tack to the point he made ample space between him and me (25 metres or better) and then gave me a flash of his lights to give me the all clear :) what a legend :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mackka said:
I have been asked to do a podcast on my work experiences over 35 years, it has to be a gee up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go for it Maccka, many think the life of a company representative is all beer and skittles, forgetting time away from family, important dates in your kids lives, many hours behind the wheel of car, wasted hours in airports etc. Then in saying all that, would I do it again, in a heart beat if the industry was like it was 25 years ago. :)

I bought two 12 volt lithium batteries about 3 years ago from Jaycar. I have run two fridges almost constantly since then. In the last little while Ive been getting a weird reading on the Victron monitor saying deep discharge and when a fridge was cycling the voltage was reading very low. So I put the batteries into Battery World who have a free service where over a few days they deep discharge under load and recharge a couple of times to check the state of the battery life. Well today I got a call to say both batteries were still at 94% capacity. Really happy as I thought Id be looking at having to spend a fair bit of money to replace them. :D :Y:

Getting my credit card unblocked after the bank decided it was in their best interest to block it without asking me :mad: gave'm a good spray :D just so happens my automatic recharge for my phone was declined due to the block :rolleyes: spent 3 hours on the home phone. haven't used it in the last 7 or 8 years, keep it operational incase of fire/disaster with the mobile towers.

Last week Kate was interstate and lost her new phone one night :argh: I found out the next morning so I decided to have a gander on the net and see if I could find it by using a "Find My Phone" service. Well I found it :D after paying $14.00 so I rang our daughter who was with Kate to say I found it, sent them the location with a screen shot. They get there to find a block of flats :( so I pay another $14.00 and learn it's now 12km from the original location at an IGA supermarket :rolleyes: After arriving at the IGA they called it multiple times with no success 8.( pay another $14.00 and learn it's 10km away :( I'm thinking courier it's in the same general area. After another 7 or so purchases of location I said we have to wait until the evening and find it's resting place (someone's house) which never eventuated. Turns out Kate ran into a lady she was with the previous day and told her the story. To Kate's surprise it just so happens this lady knows a security guard who had worked the previous night picked up a phone but didn't hand it into lost property :mad: So we spent plenty tracking where the security gaurd was wondering on her day off :lol: ya gotta laugh. The bank in their wisdom noticed the multiple transactions in a short period of time and decided to block my card. All good we're back on an even keel with credit and phones :)

Made today, sold today. :D :D
1644575297_7e602b31-135f-4629-b433-94074760966c.jpg

RM Outback said:
Getting my credit card unblocked after the bank decided it was in their best interest to block it without asking me :mad: gave'm a good spray :D just so happens my automatic recharge for my phone was declined due to the block :rolleyes: spent 3 hours on the home phone. haven't used it in the last 7 or 8 years, keep it operational incase of fire/disaster with the mobile towers.

Last week Kate was interstate and lost her new phone one night :argh: I found out the next morning so I decided to have a gander on the net and see if I could find it by using a "Find My Phone" service. Well I found it :D after paying $14.00 so I rang our daughter who was with Kate to say I found it, sent them the location with a screen shot. They get there to find a block of flats :( so I pay another $14.00 and learn it's now 12km from the original location at an IGA supermarket :rolleyes: After arriving at the IGA they called it multiple times with no success 8.( pay another $14.00 and learn it's 10km away :( I'm thinking courier it's in the same general area. After another 7 or so purchases of location I said we have to wait until the evening and find it's resting place (someone's house) which never eventuated. Turns out Kate ran into a lady she was with the previous day and told her the story. To Kate's surprise it just so happens this lady knows a security guard who had worked the previous night picked up a phone but didn't hand it into lost property :mad: So we spent plenty tracking where the security gaurd was wondering on her day off :lol: ya gotta laugh. The bank in their wisdom noticed the multiple transactions in a short period of time and decided to block my card. All good we're back on an even keel with credit and phones :)
Legendary mate , thanks for sharing :Y:

aussiefarmer said:
RM Outback said:

Legendary mate , thanks for sharing :Y:

It's all a part of the for better or worse :lol: thankfully the lower spectrum which coincidentally turns out to be the most frustrating :eek: :lol: true :beer:

Once again the gold price. Go hard you lovely metal. Mind you I do think we have Russia to thank for it. :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :power:

Confirmation today that our youngest daughter is moving her business from our house to new premises in early March. Its been seven years two and three days a week and anything up to twelve hours a day.
Love her but it will be so nice to have the house to ourselves again.

Nightjar said:
Mark McGowan announced today that the WA border will be opened on 03/03/2021.
Pack your bags in readiness to find a bit of AU.

Does this mean your coming to the GT, being able to return without the threat of isolating :playful:

About time :beer: border opening that is, come to the GT any time you like :beer:

Latest posts