what i got up to today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnethawkins

kinda obvious wouldn't ya say?
Reaction score
Got permission today to prospect an old mine in the grong grong area... Little did i know at the time the mine was underground lol. Anyways i decided to have a sweep around the surface, and besides a whole mess of junk (the mine has been used as a dump for the last hundred years or so) i kept getting alot of reasonably good signals that would vanish after digging... After 4 VERY confusing hours i decided to pack up and just before i left i grabbed a couple of handfuls of dirt from one of the vanishing signal holes, brought it home, classified it down and panned it out... Low and behold 12 pin prick sized specks of gold! So there is still gold there, but ya might need an industrial mining sluice to get it lol

use any sluice set up in a plastic storage caddy to recirculate the water and just keep processing and processing until your purple and the esky is full of gold dust

i am told the Angus Mckirk sluices work well in fines but didnt work that kind of ground with it yet so i cant put the vernier calipers on my wallet to give a geometrical indicator of its validity

the smallest sluice in their range is about $95 . available from dubya dubya dubya .prospectors supplies . com

Or a blue bowl if you have one.

I just ment after detecting, digging, crushing, classifying, crushing some more and repeat by the time you had collected enough for even a small button you would have moved over a tonne of dirt, and i figure there has gotta be better gold down lower, no way the old timers dug such deep tunnels for micro gold in such small quantities lol
gonna try down in the tunnel next time :p

Latest posts