Look what I got!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all.
Today I spent the best part of 7 hours on the road to go and pick up a gpx 4500. Was completely worth it considering the deal I got.

Very appreciative to the previous owner as he was to I due to needing the cash quickly.
Its one of latest model 4500's which I'm stoked about. Came with a 5000 battery, 2 x koss headphones, 2 shafts, a coiltech control box cover, bungee cord, external speaker, shingleback battery harness with a few pockets, a drink bottle and pick holder etc. I also scored a commander 8" mono, a goldstaker series 6" mono and a nugget tech 18.5 x 12" mono. I was so excited when I got it, I drove down a back road in the middle of nowhere after I picked it up to fire it up and have a quick play :p . runs smooth and picked up a little .2 test nugget i brought with me with ease on the 8" mono.

If the weathers good tomora I'm gonna sneak out for a quick swing to familiarize myself with settings and the different coils etc.
Hopefully I can pick up some gold with this bad girl.
1430815343_img_20150505_183954468.jpg

1430815364__img_000000_000000.jpg

Very Nice toy,investment walshie. The 4500 is a great detector. Still finding gold in heavily worked areas with mine! Looking forward to the report. :D

Cheers. Great to hear mate. I've just gotta get used to all the settings now. From what I understand, if you want to use any of the timings in the menu you need to have the special timing selected, otherwise you will be in normal or enhance at which point the timings in the menu won't make a difference?

walshie1000 said:
Cheers. Great to hear mate. I've just gotta get used to all the settings now. From what I understand, if you want to use any of the timings in the menu you need to have the special timing selected, otherwise you will be in normal or enhance at which point the timings in the menu won't make a difference?

Correct. I've got a 4500 also great machine.

Nice bike too, I've got a 150sx, love the 2 strokes!

Cheers timau. The 150's are a ripper of a bike. My little bro has one, I was amazed at how well it goes. With him on it we are neck and neck in a drag race lol. Very surprised at how hard it goes. Unfortunately he won't be riding for a few months as he snapped his humerus out at the bluerock MX club round a few weeks back :(

Arr that's no good, only problem about bikes hey. Need to get mine back out, no time for riding or detecting of late, building a new shed to house the toys.

Yell out if you got any questions on the 4500, and don't underestimate the 8" commander coil, it can punch pretty deep and will pick up gold that wont even register on the scales, good on old diggings while you learn the machine.

that's it mate. Yea that's half the battle, finding the time!
Thanks mate, appreciate it. I am absolutely amazed at the performance of the minelabs.

Latest posts