What did you discover or learn today!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greglz86 said:
Yesterday i learnt not to go out without toilet paper.
The one day I didn't take it was the one day I really needed it.
I went home that afternoon with my shirt missing its sleeves and only one sock :8

lol thats some funny s#$% lol I've had to rip a couple of shirt pockets for that before!

Greglz86 said:
I went home that afternoon with my shirt missing its sleeves and only one sock :8

paperbark trees mate

paperbark trees . . .

and i dont mean to back up against a tree and rub yourself on it ... i mean look for a bit of bark on the ground , turn it over both sides to check there are no funnelweb spiders underneath it and do what nature requires

YellowFever said:
Greglz86 said:

lol thats some funny s#$% lol I've had to rip a couple of shirt pockets for that before!

it was great when paper money was still made of paper

many a time i have spent $ 2 in the course of duty

$ 5 even :8

Greglz86 said:
hahaha, I have left a few hankies behind in the bush, Baby wipes in the back pack is a must.

HeadsUp said:
Greglz86 said:

paperbark trees mate

paperbark trees . . .

and i dont mean to back up against a tree and rub yourself on it ... i mean look for a bit of bark on the ground , turn it over both sides to check there are no funnelweb spiders underneath it and do what nature requires

The closest thing to a tree that was in sight was blackberry bushes.
So I chose the sleeves

i learnt too ask more detailed questions about an area after spending five hours travelling only 500 mtrs ,just not used to the bush around here ;when i went back too the guy who gave me the spot didnt know you were going to bush crash bad spot he tells me did i find a stinging tree he asks ,whats a stinging tree straight onto google ,glad i didnt find one .

...at the begginning of my fever i never would have thought my theoretical journey of understanding the science,geology and history of this perfect element would take me back to the time of the last super nova! :cool:

Back in super nova day i say there to be gold visible by eye at any point on the planet

dwt said:
that 3.8mtrs of 250mmUC will win in a fisty cuffs with a tig torch and lead 8.(

better a TIG torch than your legs. :/

so did the beam drop off a forklift tynes , fall off a trestle or not get dogged up correctly to the crane chains ?

who done dat bad ting ?

ps , i saw a guy who did the same thing with a 600 UB x 10 metres . and he has the wooden legs to prove it.

HeadsUp said:
dwt said:
that 3.8mtrs of 250mmUC will win in a fisty cuffs with a tig torch and lead 8.(

better a TIG torch than your legs. :/

so did the beam drop off a forklift tynes , fall off a trestle or not get dogged up correctly to the crane chains ?

who done dat bad ting ?

ps , i saw a guy who did the same thing with a 600 UB x 10 metres . and he has the wooden legs to prove it.

trestle's mate, n it was ME 8)

I learnt at 9.30pm today-night that my neighbours find it easier to finish up moving out of their 2nd floor unit by throwing everything out the nearest window, unusual! :/

Fly by night removals company ?
We'll get you out of a fix quick !

On the money silver, blew their cover though with the bloody racket!
Cheers

that Jack Bauer would kick Chuck Norris's ass any day :mad: actually ive known that for some time i just didnt want to post it till now cos I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT CHUCK bloody NORRIS could e-mail himself through my computer and kick MY ass now.......... he's to bloody old :p SO take that dad,...... hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... 8)

I learnt today not to wear a blue shirt sieving for sapphires...cause every bit of black spinel has a blue look to it

That there must have been a crap farrier around the Turon/Sofala area.

Yesterday I found literally dozens:
1. Horse shoes in the river
2. Horse shoes on the bank of the river
3. Part horse shoes
4. Horse shoes deep in old diggings
5. Horse shoes in a gully
6. No gold - but horse shoes!

The amount of crap that is just under the surface is astounding! I do not know how aluminium cans get almost almost a foot under hard packed material away from the river wash and banks....

Which brings me to the feeble conclusion that:
A) there were thousands of horses trudging around OR
B) horse shoes were used for some other purpose than horses feet OR
C) there was a super crap farrier around in old days OR
D) horses were driven like they were stolen OR
E) horse shoes grow in the ground like truffles and storks bring the babies

Multiple choice - when in doubt always go C.

Most probably common sense to you members but don't go detecting in or anywhere near a thunderstorm no matter how far off the lightening seems. Second to last day in Tibooburra a storm was approaching to the south of the town. Was sat in my car on the common ground and stared at it for a while admiring the fork lightening. Got impatient waiting it out and thought stuff it at the seemingly slow rate these storm clouds are moving I can get out for a detect for an hour or so and be back before it hits. Well I got a bit carried away looking at the mineralized ground and before I knew it an all mighty crack sent my ears ringing and a pile of dust flies up not far from where I was swinging the coil. A bunch of roo's I didn't know were there jump out of the surrounding scrub and hop away like they've been set alight and next thing I'm sprinting in amongst them for the car. Was an 'Oh Shit' moment that I won't be repeating any time soon.

Latest posts