Magnetic Black Sand Separator

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Mate's , I have not been here in a while hope your all finding Big ones , It's Winter over here so I have been looking at my cons . I have alot of black sand with small Gold in it so I made a Black Sand Separator , I do think you have Black sand down under ? Good Day !
seperator 008.JPG
seperator 016.JPG

Hello Mate's , I have not been here in a while hope your all finding Big ones , It's Winter over here so I have been looking at my cons . I have alot of black sand with small Gold in it so I made a Black Sand Separator , I do think you have Black sand down under ? Good Day !
View attachment 12851
View attachment 12852

That's quite impressive. What's your theory behind it? Is it working on gravity separation or inertia to throw the gold off first?

Oh, I think I've git it. You have a magnetic roller at the end. Very smart :)

Last edited:
View attachment 12851
View attachment 12852

yes that is a very clever idea and works very well, way quicker that a magnet on a bolt sliding inside a plastic tube.

do you run it through a 2nd time to clean the last of the magnetic sand from the concentrate???

Latest posts