What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Moneybox.
Did any of the companies involved in the transport offer a tracking number. If there was there should be a tracking history still available which could shed some light on the disappearance. If the history shows delivered it should indicate the last carrier and what time it was delivered.
Most companies also require a signature from the recipient or photograph of the delivery location. These could also be available.
Was waiting for an important telescope part to come back from the US after repair and checking its tracking via the USPS and AP tracking service saw that it had been sitting at a Melbourne airport facility for nearly a week without moving. An enquiry lodged with AP saw the package start moving within an hour of my lodging the enquiry and it arrived two days later.
Tracking is a terrific thing and I always insist on getting a tracking number now unless it is going letter rates.

Yes DHL supplied a tracking number on 3rd March. It's a Startrack number showing an expected delivery date of 9th March. The last scan was in Taree on 3rd March. DHL consider it lost. LG continue to stall stating they are looking into it and they'll call me back, perhaps in the new year.

Well I've done a bit of stirring. They even helped me out by sending me a review "How did we do?" I think I was quite restrained in my response considering the state of affairs ;)
Then I left a little comment on the LG Facebook page, sent another email or two, well a few. I called a couple of times and wasted away quite a bit of time trying to get to the person or persons responsible for fixing this type of issue, it seems like they are insulated from contact with the customer but I still pestered them enough to get a response.

This afternoon I got the first call back from LG offering my money back. I said I'd prefer to have a replacement computer sent by express freight. She said that she wasn't authorised to do that so I left her to get authorisation. We'll see what happens. I checked that they had one of the same model available and they did but it's $330 more than I paid. If I get my money back and order again I'll be out of pocket by $330.

I just got off the phone again after half an hour discussing the non-delivery of my new laptop ordered on 28th February. Yesterday I entered a case with PayPal and then last night at 11:45pm I got an email from LG confirming the delivery and registration of my computer.
Last week DHL told me it was lost, after their transfer to Startrack, and they were going to request a new item be sent. LG claim to have not received any response from DHL. LG are the most difficult company to get any reply from, they promise phone calls and emails nut never deliver.
PAYPAL is certainly a great safeguard.
I have had three occasions when goods weren't delivered and my queries were ignored by the sender. In two cases the senders contacted me within hours
of PAYPAL becoming involved and the goods were replaced at no futher expense to me. The third case didn't respond to PAYPAL within six days and the full purchase price ($1600) was returned to me without further hassle.
I won't buy anything from an unknown seller unless they patronise PAYPAL.

Just finished having a shower after setting up camp at Balladonia, won't be long and it'll be time for a beer. I stayed at Eucla last night. I've lost count of the number of times I've crossed the Nullabore, I love the drive, there's so much to see and the country is constantly changing, sometimes just a suttle change and sometimes a drastic change in the blink of an eye.View attachment 9208View attachment 9209View attachment 9211
Dave, how does it go with wind resistence?
It's not too bad Mackka, I had 20+knot westerlys hitting me side on yesterday and no problems. I saw a few big vans shifting about a bit though and I spoke to a few people last night that are waiting for the winds to drop before hitting the road again.

Thanks mate, one thing I won't do, is take the van off the ute in strong winds, I'll always wait for the wind to drop off first.

My brother has a big heavy one on the back of a Mercedes G300 4WD. He likes to drop it lower once on its legs because it can get a sway up in the wind. This year he'll turn up with a quad on the trailer so the van can stay on the Merc.

Right now I'm camped at the Cue caravan park after a great 2 weeks at Windsor Station, I didn't find a lot of gold but the time I spent with my mates was more precious than gold. I'm staying here for a week and the park here is fantastic, a local guy I met in Magnet last year is taking me out tomorrow and showing me where to try and find some gold, fingers crossed he's got the midas touch.20230429_073452.jpg20230423_131206.jpg20230429_153533.jpg20230423_081436.jpg

Just made my wife breakfast. I know its probably not a big deal for you guys but until my wife got sick recently I thought alll people lived on pies and ice coffee like I did lol. I have heard Pawpaw is good for the liver and think that the fish and tofu soup thats high in protein will stop her loosing too much weight. The drink is a special formula designed for elderly people that cant eat properly. Screenshot_20230506_074034.jpg they are hitting her hard at the moment with treatment but its the best chance we have. Please wish her well or pray for her if you are religious. If anyone has any personal experience with what can help and what doesnt would be happy to hear it.

Tree3.jpg

I'm trying to identify this beautiful WA tree.

Tree2.jpg

It looks like a gum tree but the gums can be seen in the background.

Tree1.jpg

The nearby gum trees have a blueish colour to the foliage, these trees are a vibrant green. When the gum leaves are crushed the strong eucalyptus scent in unmistakable, these bright green leaves have no smell at all when crushed.

The gum trees have flowers and gum nuts but there's no sign of gum nuts on these trees.

Do you know what type of tree this is?

Are you catching up with Moneybox mate?
Sorry for the late reply Mackka, I've only just seen your message, we conversed through PM and hopefully I can catch up with Phil and Sandra next year and get some Kangaroo Island whiting fillets to them. I enjoyed my stay at Cue Mackka, the caravan park is great and the facilities and staff are fantastic. I only found 2 tiny pieces of gold but I would certainly like to go back next year. Cheers mate 🍺

As fishing season starts for my wife and I this month because of cooler temps and the bream will be on, I decided to service the reels , rods and tidy up the tacklebox and top up the hooks and soft plastics. Well still not completed as i found 16 rods and reels. Asked myself how did we get so many? Easy walk into my mates tackle store and lo and behold a new rod/reel combo arrives and I got caught. I can see a charity or two getting some gear before long. Now just need the tides and some fish. Cheers Mackka

Latest posts