What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's terrible news Goldfreak. Times like this we need to take a look at our lifestyle. There's a lot more important things than working to build a lifestyle that we can't afford. You might be forced to slow things down a bit and sometimes we can live on a lot less money than we're used to spending. Hopefully they can get her health back soon.
I am fotunate to have very little debt so we can drop many of the material ambitions and concentrate on the important stuff. I got ahead by working remotely but that option has now been closed.

Last edited:
Sitting here wondering why this company is so irresponsible and when authorities will wake up and ban this unsafe practice,
Look at the photo closely, what will happen when and if weight is applied to this connection. The hammerlocks will twist in towbar connection and chain may dislodge clips.
If you're going to be silly enough to use them at least fit them 180 degrees so hook is facing forward.

Ban.jpg

We should cherish everyday they put up with the likes of us. 44 years is a great innings Goldierocks. I have been with my wife for 13 years and have young children. I just found out some devastating news today though. Wont be going anywhere now and all my priorities have changed. What we thought was a bowel obstruction is a tumor and it has spread to her liver 😪
Thoughts are with your wife, you and your family.

Sitting here wondering why this company is so irresponsible and when authorities will wake up and ban this unsafe practice,
Look at the photo closely, what will happen when and if weight is applied to this connection. The hammerlocks will twist in towbar connection and chain may dislodge clips.
If you're going to be silly enough to use them at least fit them 180 degrees so hook is facing forward.

View attachment 8666
Quick and lazy way. Safe way ? Nope.

I came in for a cuppa and got a bit carried away with my studies. Part of our course is working with Excel so I thought I'd put it to good use. This is my practise run for this morning :)

Note: This file is likely badly flawed. I don't know what I'm doing and I don't give investment advice ;)

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTQnrofWMVbtjAeKtFHQmFIB235?e=BzbGcJ

The investment value can be altered. Please don't take this data seriously, it's a study exercise using current market data over a one year period.

View attachment 8666
They surely have to be Illegal... I would never use something like that.... As Bogger said ,"They are lifting Hooks"...

@ Bogger, Have you forgotten Me ?

LW....

I'm on it LW and 90% no issue but bloke the gold gods are smiling at the moment, reckon you could stick a dinner plate on a broom handle and find it :rolleyes:o_O Even my lawns getting neglected and the dog growls at me thinking I'm a stranger ;);)😁

Bogger, it sounds like you're too busy. Do you need help getting that gold out?

I'm going out this weekend and I have nothing to wear :confused:

Patch.jpg

I just need to patch a couple of knees and I'll right to go. Where's that wife when I need her?

Patch2.jpg

Well I've done it, one leg but I think that'll do ;)

Patch3.jpg

I think it's enough to make my late Mum proud for the way she taught me to sew :)

Last edited:
I am fotunate to have very little debt so we can drop many of the material ambitions and concentrate on the important stuff. I got ahead by working remotely but that option has now been closed.
Sorry to hear that story. Will be very tough for you both. My wife had bowel cancer which had spread everywhere in her liver. Too far gone to even operate they said. Anyway they reckoned with chemo she could live for about 18 months. After a record 81 cycles of chemo she had a remarkable recovery and was completely cancer free and still is 14 years later. Somehow her immune system kicked in and recognised the cancer cells needed eliminating.
Thought i would relate our experience to just remind you that ever case is unique and not without hope.
The only other thing we did was have an aboriginal bush medicine which was a drink made from Scavoela i think is its Latin name. The doctors used scoff at that idea but who knows ,it may have helped. Anyway all the best for you and your wife for the difficult treatment road ahead.

Sorry to hear that story. Will be very tough for you both. My wife had bowel cancer which had spread everywhere in her liver. Too far gone to even operate they said. Anyway they reckoned with chemo she could live for about 18 months. After a record 81 cycles of chemo she had a remarkable recovery and was completely cancer free and still is 14 years later. Somehow her immune system kicked in and recognised the cancer cells needed eliminating.
Thought i would relate our experience to just remind you that ever case is unique and not without hope.
The only other thing we did was have an aboriginal bush medicine which was a drink made from Scavoela i think is its Latin name. The doctors used scoff at that idea but who knows ,it may have helped. Anyway all the best for you and your wife for the difficult treatment road ahead.
Thanks for sharing your story. Prognosis isnt great and I am fortifyfing for the worst but there is always some hope. We will keep swimming to the light and try our best. Tbh I am just keeping busy with all the things she usually did and turn into a embarrassing mess when alone if I slow down. Then I have to remind myself I am not the one in hospital. Thanks again for your sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Goldfreak life gives us some good kicks in the guts sometimes during the journey, and all one can do when knocked down is dust off and stand back up. But never be embarrassed to reach out for a hand to stand back up. Shows true strength to do whatever is required to over come bloke. Your standing solid for your lady so your already a champ and I wish you both a victory 👍

I'm going out this weekend and I have nothing to wear :confused:

View attachment 8679

I just need to patch a couple of knees and I'll right to go. Where's that wife when I need her?

View attachment 8680

Well I've done it, one leg but I think that'll do ;)

View attachment 8681

I think it's enough to make my late Mum proud for the way she taught me to sew :)
With you MB, my dear mum taught me many things as well and two of the main ones still used to today, cooking and sewing.

I'm weighing up my options. My mother-in-law passed away last night so I'm sure to be heading to Perth. I've been preparing to take the truck out to a station and possibly return with an old trommel. On my way home I was going to catch up with Olden and have a swing with the Axiom but plans are only ever made to be broken :rolleyes:

Latest posts