What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 8165
you can say that again! Couple years ago, massive storm went through, limbs everywhere and huge buggars at that. Mostly redgums
Where did this happen BigL, Major's Creek Mitchellstown late January 2020. Here's a few more pictures, I know the bloke who owns the ute. It was repaired, hard to believe it didn't warp the chassis 😳
IMG_20230226_085323.jpgIMG_20230226_085339.jpg
That was a big storm. I was trying to make time to go up there with them that weekend, as usual work got in the way, luckily for once 😬

We're you there BigL, do you know the group.

Last edited:
yes was at Majors, no I dont know that poor fella. The GV HWY was unbelievable that day, HUGE limbs everywhere.. took nearly a week for crews to clean the road up. I've never seen anything like it in Vic before, was like a mini tornado went through, a very narrow path of absolute destruction was cut heading NE from Majors. Made me think twice about where I camp now, even pulling up the boat under trees for a bit of shade when fishing.

yes was at Majors, no I dont know that poor fella. The GV HWY was unbelievable that day, HUGE limbs everywhere.. took nearly a week for crews to clean the road up. I've never seen anything like it in Vic before, was like a mini tornado went through, a very narrow path of absolute destruction was cut heading NE from Majors. Made me think twice about where I camp now, even pulling up the boat under trees for a bit of shade when fishing.
Yeah I remember it well I was driving the GV Hwy nearly every day at the time. There's only two other storm events similar to this in Victoria I can remember.

Bullarto 2021 was absolutely smashed, how no one was injured or killed is a miracle. The other was a storm from Shepparton to Tatong in the 90's, massive destruction. A mate of mine was standing on a verandah between Benalla and Tatong watching the storm to the north. Lightning was everywhere, the verandah had a grapevine growing up and along for shade. My mate was standing next to a verandah post with the trunk of the vine growing up, lightning struck the vine and it made a crackling sound. Scared the shite out of my mate 😅 he asked the property owner what was that. The property owner told him it was a lightning strike and that's how sparkling wine is made 😅😅😅 he was very lucky not to get hit.

Sitting back feeling really lucky.
Had an email from CBA today to say that they were giving me a refund and to check my Netbank messages for details.
Logged into Netbank and opened up the message and found that I was to receive a 3 cent refund in my CBA account due to interest miscalculations.
Wow how lucky can you be!

Sitting back feeling really lucky.
Had an email from CBA today to say that they were giving me a refund and to check my Netbank messages for details.
Logged into Netbank and opened up the message and found that I was to receive a 3 cent refund in my CBA account due to interest miscalculations.
Wow how lucky can you be!
Hah, not as good as me - I got more than $4!

Just a Roo chilling in the garden getting the easy grass ( and my apple tree ) . This is an old male who has probably recently lost his spot as an alpha. Screenshot_20230301_180038.jpg going to call this one Bob. I had anouther called Clarence a while back but he moved on. Probably died somewhere.

Latest posts