What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Marksman :Y: :beer:

Checking my clucky hen.
First egg hatched today.
1641195886_20220102_184812_copy_768x1580_1.jpg
1641198678_20220102_184801_copy_768x1580_copy_768x1580.jpg

Mackka said:
Hey Dave i thought they got rid of the cats on the island?
Mackka
No Maccka, they set traps for them here and there but thier's so many of the damn things around that the only way they could get rid of them is a biological solution, they've been taking about that for years but haven't come up with anything so far, pity as the only native animal that's safe from them is the big Black Tiger Snake. :koala:

There is a breed of dog, can't spell it, Werrmerra, that they used on another island to clean up the foxes that were killing the penguins, that worked, and i know the lady from ABC Gardening, Sophie, lives in SA and she has them to protect her ducks and geese. Might be work looking into.
Mackka

Mackka said:
There is a breed of dog, can't spell it, Werrmerra, that they used on another island to clean up the foxes that were killing the penguins, that worked, and i know the lady from ABC Gardening, Sophie, lives in SA and she has them to protect her ducks and geese. Might be work looking into.
Mackka
I think RMO is right, it's the Maremma, they put them out with sheep when they're lambing and they keep the foxes away. Those rotten wild cats are everywhere on KI and there's that much thick scrub even the best hunting dog wouldn't be able to thin them out. :skull:

Got 5 bags in the freezer now, and happy not to have lost even 1 banana this time.(the entire bunch ripened at the same time)

Silver 1 - Bats 0
:p

Will make a nice frozen smoothee mixed with cream and honey in the blender when it starts getting hotter :D

1641439206_screenshot_20220106-131821_gallery.jpg

Arm is a bit sore but fine. Can taste it on my tongue today, same as my 1st shot.

Wife is the same, totally stuffed on the sofa.

Some people feel nothing, and others cop all the side effects. At least we are done for now.

Thanks LW.

We queued up for over an hour just to get inside at Cranny Turf Club. Quite disorganized even when you have an appointment.

Got Pfizer booster following AZ the first two shots. Moderna was not available.

Latest posts