What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more than likely not

i bought some heavy duty needles that suit the machine and thread and a bit of canvas for a test run, the woman at spotlight said they are for sowing leather :eek:

and she said if you set the foot pressure right and about 4 other settings in the right place it will sow it ,but if you get one setting wrong she said it will be back here for a computer reset :argh:
everything today has to have a bloody computer in it ]:D

sand surfer said:
more than likely not

i bought some heavy duty needles that suit the machine and thread and a bit of canvas for a test run, the woman at spotlight said they are for sowing leather :eek:

and she said if you set the foot pressure right and about 4 other settings in the right place it will sow it ,but if you get one setting wrong she said it will be back here for a computer reset :argh:

2 ways to deal with it,

1) Wait and let the wife stuff it up, that way when she takes it in for a reset she'll get the full run-down and have it mastered in no time :D

2) Better to ask for forgiveness than permission :lol: :beer:

Take your pick :p

sand surfer said:
wondering if it is worth the risk to see if the cooks new sewing machine will sow heavy canvas or not :( while she is visiting friends

or wait till she comes home then try it ,either way i will be in the :poop: if it breaks :lol:

SS,
Bought an old non computerised Elna machine at a garage sale for $30 years ago. :trophy:
After oiling all the movements and studying a manual downloaded from puta I managed to sew canvas bags, Garmin radio holders, pockets for gold jars, shade cloth awning encloser for the van (huge job) etc etc.
Also got a few hints from Shelley's site. https://www.sewmucheasier.com/
Saved me many $$$'s.
Have fun mate, it's almost addictive as gold prospecting, well almost, but it sure beats watching :poop: TV. :playful:

Nightjar said:
sand surfer said:
wondering if it is worth the risk to see if the cooks new sewing machine will sow heavy canvas or not :( while she is visiting friends

or wait till she comes home then try it ,either way i will be in the :poop: if it breaks :lol:

SS,
Bought an old non computerised Elna machine at a garage sale for $30 years ago. :trophy:
After oiling all the movements and studying a manual downloaded from puta I managed to sew canvas bags, Garmin radio holders, pockets for gold jars, shade cloth awning encloser for the van (huge job) etc etc.
Also got a few hints from Shelley's site. https://www.sewmucheasier.com/
Saved me many $$$'s.
Have fun mate, it's almost addictive as gold prospecting, well almost, but it sure beats watching :poop: TV. :playful:

I bought an old Singer back in the 80's, it was old then and only did straight stitch but would punch through anything. I sold it when the new wife, Mrs M, came with her much more sophisticated Elna. It's not computerised but is quite a gutsy little machine that I use more for shade cloth than anything else.

Opps... I'm off the subject of this thread.... Well I just finished panning off the gold from the dryblower. I'd really like to find a cone concentrator to sort the black sand, shotgun pellets and copper nails from the gold. I've been down to a friends place a few times using his cone and it really saves a lot of time.

1641137899_gold_cone.jpg

I put my concentrates over the Dream Mat in the sluice but that gives me a half a cup of black sand, lead and tiny nails along with a few grams of gold. The magnet takes out a heap of sand but much of it won't stick to the magnet.

Mackka said:
$33,000 in Qld if you are caught with Bugs.
Mackka
We haven't got any rabbits of the animal kind on Kangaroo Island, they'd lynch you if you brought one over but we've got a lot of feral cats, pigs and goats, bloody cats kill shitloads of our wildlife. :koala:

RM Outback said:
sand surfer said:
more than likely not

2 ways to deal with it,

1) Wait and let the wife stuff it up, that way when she takes it in for a reset she'll get the full run-down and have it mastered in no time :D

2) Better to ask for forgiveness than permission :lol: :beer:

Take your pick :p

i have gone with option 3 RM and saved the jewels
had a talk to my older sister who was a machinist for a clothing factory just about her whole working life ,and she said all the new computer sewing machines unless made specific for the canvas would struggle big time, so she pointed me in the right direction for a machine that i will be :inlove: with ,she said it would suit me perfectly (she tells me all the time i was born in the wrong century ie 1860 instead of 1960) no computer ,no electric motor ,good old crank power :lol: ,you will have to look in today i bought thread for it when i get there :Y:

Latest posts