Wattle Flat / Sofala NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few posts asking for directions/how to find Wattle Flat Common.

Once you're there it's pretty straight forward, but you're not likely to drive hours in the hopes that you can find somewhere vague.

So, the easiest way is to tap Thompson Street, Wattle Flat into your sat nav or Google Maps.

Here's the map at the entrance:
1452470292_wattle_flat_1.jpg

Note that the return 4WD track north of this map is closed due to instability, so a new lower gradient path has been forged.

Red

A pleasure, gentlemen. (And apologies for the upside down first photo...I uploaded it a few times and it still ended up like that...hopefully you can make it out!)

AussieGamer_Ben said:
aussiefarmer said:
thanks mate I been researching wattle flat lately now all I have to do is beat the rush , any of you blokes thinking of having a swing there soon ???

I was thinking of heading there this week sometime.

Hey i would love to but the next two weeks are full on i got 2000 sheep need a haircut , 100 acres of crop to head and 400 ton of lime to spread , if i can get all that done i might get a chance of a weekend.

aussiefarmer said:
AussieGamer_Ben said:
aussiefarmer said:
thanks mate I been researching wattle flat lately now all I have to do is beat the rush , any of you blokes thinking of having a swing there soon ???

Hey i would love to but the next two weeks are full on i got 2000 sheep need a haircut , 100 acres of crop to head and 400 ton of lime to spread , if i can get all that done i might get a chance of a weekend.

what state are u in.

AussieGamer_Ben said:
aussiefarmer said:
AussieGamer_Ben said:
aussiefarmer said:

what state are u in.

Exhausted I would reckon! :D

Oh and possibly not like sheep as much as he did 2000 of em ago!! :eek: :D

Sorry Aussie couldn't resist. (grew up on a sheep farm) 8.(

Hope you get out and enjoy anything non sheep soon mate! :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Yeah i hate sheep but once you crumb them cutlets its all worth it, only a small haircut this go just crutching the head and exhaust , putting targets on them for the rams ;) , the state i am in is between flat out and buggered but its all good :D (nsw). 8) . Will make a date in febuary for a swing up around hillend or ophir if all goes to plan.

Accommodation & camping options:
Camping:
Various areas are available along the Turon River to free camp. These include Greens Point/First Crossing, Ration Point/Hill, Wallaby Rocks & Coles Bridge. There are other areas that can be accessed also. The Greens Point/First Crossing camp area has drop toilets.
You can also camp on the Wattle Flat Common which has drop toilets. A small fee is payable at the 4J's Hardware Wattle Flat.

Turon National Park (no fossicking/detecting)
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/Turon-National-Park

Other accommodation:
Tanwarra Lodge
www.tanwarralodge.com

Chesleigh Homestead
http://www.sofala.com.au/

Sofala Cottage
https://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/nsw/explorer-country/sofala/184573

Ryder Homestead
http://www.ryderhome.com.au/

Turon Gates (Camping & cabins)
www.turongates.com

Had a chap in yesterday and got drawn into discussing the fossicking rules leases and
high bankers sluices and their pumps.

Anyway,

He mentioned that someone had innitiated an exploration lease over Safala?

Anyone heard about this?

Cheers.
Lee.

Latest posts